Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Do you get 10,000 miles for Grad School Graduation or just College?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you get 10,000 miles for Grad School Graduation or just College?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:04 am

I did this once, and am ready to do it again. I wonder how or if they verify this. It is a piece of cake to print out a transcript, but more of a pain to go and get a copy of the real one, so I'm wondering if the web-format one will suffice.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 5:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I didn't know this existed, but I'm glad I now do because I'm graduating this December from undergrad!

10,000 miles is essentially worth as much as my yearly trips between SFO and NRT are, EQM aside.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Just started my weekend MBA program. Glad UA will reward me with 10k miles in 2 years (assuming they and the program are still around - knock on wood). Talk about delayed gratification!!!
Old Sep 9, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW Plat
I did it once last year. Not sure whether they are gonna award me again next year.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Just started my weekend MBA program. Glad UA will reward me with 10k miles in 2 years (assuming they and the program are still around - knock on wood). Talk about delayed gratification!!!
The main page for college plus says "A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university," but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with part-time post-bachelor's degrees, because I'm about to start one.

EDIT: However, the rules simply say this, so it's just not clear! "7. Member must be registered in College Plus prior to graduation. Member must graduate with a degree from accredited United States college or university. Member must submit a fill copy of their official, final transcript with in 12 months of their graduation date. We are unable to except a copy of a diploma or a letter from the college."

2nd EDIT: Man, their grammar needs some work.

Last edited by JAaronT; Sep 9, 2008 at 8:11 pm
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:42 pm

This is an often forgotton about perk UA offers. Half way though school I was worried UA might drop the program - but, they did not, and they still continue to offer it. ^
Old Sep 10, 2008, 5:29 am

Programs: United-1P!!!! (WOW!)
Yes, I got credit just a week or two ago from a 2-yr master's program. Also, was able to fax it in and got credit next day.
Old May 12, 2009, 6:37 am

Outrageous. Fantastic. Marvelous. I had never heard of this until stumbling across this thread. FT pays off yet again. Thanks! I graduate in Feb.
Old May 12, 2009, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K, UA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Avis Pref Plus, Nat'l Exec
I received it for the Ph.D. in 2005, after registering back in 1999 for it. 10K miles are always useful!
Old May 13, 2009, 3:37 am

Community College?

Now my question is do you get them from Community Colleges? It looks like it and if so, you can easily take online courses for a few years for fun and then get a 10,000 mile bonus at the end for an AA or AS. I went to one before transferring to a UC so I've got all the gen eds done so I could knock out a degree every 2 years taking 1/3 load online.
Old May 13, 2009, 7:44 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I HEART THIS LINK! Thanks for posting it.

I graduate from the University of San Francisco nxt April, so I am officially registered.

Mahalo,

Patrick^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.