FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Do you get 10,000 miles for Grad School Graduation or just College? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/789219-do-you-get-10-000-miles-grad-school-graduation-just-college.html)

chuckd Jun 19, 2008 3:04 am

I did this once, and am ready to do it again. I wonder how or if they verify this. It is a piece of cake to print out a transcript, but more of a pain to go and get a copy of the real one, so I'm wondering if the web-format one will suffice.

FireEmblemPride Jun 19, 2008 5:19 am

I didn't know this existed, but I'm glad I now do because I'm graduating this December from undergrad! :D

10,000 miles is essentially worth as much as my yearly trips between SFO and NRT are, EQM aside.

gobluetwo Sep 9, 2008 12:36 pm

Just started my weekend MBA program. Glad UA will reward me with 10k miles in 2 years (assuming they and the program are still around - knock on wood). Talk about delayed gratification!!!

imaries Sep 9, 2008 6:59 pm

I did it once last year. Not sure whether they are gonna award me again next year.

JAaronT Sep 9, 2008 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by gobluetwo (Post 10339340)
Just started my weekend MBA program. Glad UA will reward me with 10k miles in 2 years (assuming they and the program are still around - knock on wood). Talk about delayed gratification!!!

The main page for college plus says "A copy of your final transcript showing that you did indeed graduate as a full-time student from a U.S. college or university," but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with part-time post-bachelor's degrees, because I'm about to start one.

EDIT: However, the rules simply say this, so it's just not clear! :p "7. Member must be registered in College Plus prior to graduation. Member must graduate with a degree from accredited United States college or university. Member must submit a fill copy of their official, final transcript with in 12 months of their graduation date. We are unable to except a copy of a diploma or a letter from the college."

2nd EDIT: Man, their grammar needs some work.

DBCme Sep 9, 2008 11:42 pm

This is an often forgotton about perk UA offers. Half way though school I was worried UA might drop the program - but, they did not, and they still continue to offer it. ^

JettaTurbo Sep 10, 2008 5:29 am

Yes, I got credit just a week or two ago from a 2-yr master's program. Also, was able to fax it in and got credit next day.

HangingOver May 12, 2009 6:37 am

Outrageous. Fantastic. Marvelous. I had never heard of this until stumbling across this thread. FT pays off yet again. Thanks! I graduate in Feb.

dmach May 12, 2009 9:26 am

I received it for the Ph.D. in 2005, after registering back in 1999 for it. 10K miles are always useful!

victorguttmann May 13, 2009 3:37 am

Community College?

Now my question is do you get them from Community Colleges? It looks like it and if so, you can easily take online courses for a few years for fun and then get a 10,000 mile bonus at the end for an AA or AS. I went to one before transferring to a UC so I've got all the gen eds done so I could knock out a degree every 2 years taking 1/3 load online.

pallensf May 13, 2009 7:44 am

I HEART THIS LINK! Thanks for posting it.

I graduate from the University of San Francisco nxt April, so I am officially registered.

Mahalo,

Patrick^