CRJ 200 Seating Question

Old May 7, 2008, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I fly CRJ-200s usually twice a week, and I agree with the sentiment that there aren't many, if any, good seats on these aircraft. I'm only 5' 10'' and I find Row 1 almost intolerable, other than the fact that you can deplane as quickly as possible.

The exit rows, I have found through experience, have different seat pitches between aircraft, I'd say +/- 2 inches. I feel that there is a little more space, but oftentimes it's not worth waiting longer to deplane.

If you can manage, try to change your itinerary to anything but a CRJ-200.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I used to like 1B but when there are weight and balance issues and the FA asks people to take any open seat in the rear of the plane it negates the concept of pre-assigned seating. Now I go for 8B or 8C in that order.

AB seats are preferable for me on CRJ200 because lap children have to sit on the CD side.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus 1P, UA Chase Mileage Plus Platinum
On my way back from LHR to SBA via DEN was booked in F on CRJ9 which was swapped to CRJ2. Any chance I can get compensation?
Old May 7, 2008, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Ag
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
How ofter do you get the "we need X people to move from the first few rows for weight and balance" request?
The only time I can remember was late last year I think. It was a CR7, I was op-uped to F, and economy reshuffled. I can't remember any of my CR2 flights having a balance issue. LGA/JFK/IAD/ROC

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
...if it looks full, I go for 1B/C(Skywest blocks these until OLCI).
Originally Posted by u600213
AB seats are preferable for me on CRJ200 because lap children have to sit on the CD side.
Learn something new everyday.

Originally Posted by rfmaverick
On my way back from LHR to SBA via DEN was booked in F on CRJ9 which was swapped to CRJ2. Any chance I can get compensation?
Anything is possible. Call/email/snail mail United. Don't hold your breath for anything significant.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Are there any desireable rows on a 200?
Only one, but you need a uniform with stripes on your sleeve to sit in it...
Old May 7, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I OLCI for 1A always, because:
- I still think it has more legroom than others, except 1b
- I get off quickly
- FA can't see me when I listen to my ipod or text during taxi, takeoff, landing
- Persons in 1B and 1C more likely to move their butts to the back of the plane when she needs to reshuffle since they are closer to the aisle
Old May 7, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Ag
Originally Posted by Channel 9
I OLCI for 1A always, because:
- FA can't see me when I listen to my ipod or text during taxi, takeoff, landing
We think alike. ^
Old May 7, 2008, 3:08 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Anyone been on the ONE Mesa CRJ200 flying around out there that's configured a little differently?

It's got no starboard side (D/F) row 1, but has an extra row on the starboard side rear...The lav is in the front, and row 8 indeed has a TON of legroom (think the EMB120 exit row).

I've gotten that bird twice, flying MBS-ORD (or the reverse). The exit row legroom is indeed huge and nice, although the seat is more narrow with the tray table in the armrest. That one's a little better, but I was told it's the only one in the system like it...The first time the F/A told me it was the only one...The second time (a few months later), the F/A said she'd never seen it before and was thrown when she boarded.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.