Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]

Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]

Old Jun 26, 12, 10:37 pm

Annie is working the check-in area at SYD today and wants me to say a big 'Hello' to all of her FlyerTalk friends. She also wants to thank you all very much.
Old Sep 23, 12, 11:27 am

SYD Lounge Access Question

A question for folks who might know:

Am flying UA First from LAX-SYD, with an eight-hour layover before going onto AKL on NZ Business. Since I may lose my *G status for 2013, can we still access the NZ lounge in SYD, since we will be getting off UA First and transferring to NZ Business?

Thank you.
Old Sep 23, 12, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by psterman View Post
A question for folks who might know:

Am flying UA First from LAX-SYD, with an eight-hour layover before going onto AKL on NZ Business. Since I may lose my *G status for 2013, can we still access the NZ lounge in SYD, since we will be getting off UA First and transferring to NZ Business?

Thank you.
You should have no problem. As a "same day first class passenger", you should get all the lounge access you want. This also applies the day before and after if you're travelling across date lines.

NZ C may also grant you access to the SYD NZ lounge.

Note that you won't have guest privileges. I flew UA C a few weeks ago and the NZ SYD lounge wouldn't let me bring in my wife, who was in Y.
Old Sep 23, 12, 2:09 pm

Thanks

Thanks -- just wondering if you went in to the lounge and left your wife outside (just kidding...)
Old Sep 24, 12, 10:22 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Ambassador/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Thanks -- just wondering if you went in to the lounge and left your wife outside (just kidding...)
That probably sounded worse than it was. I like to enjoy free food and drinks in the lounge, while she likes airport shopping.
Old Sep 29, 12, 11:17 am

SYD Loung Access

I forgot to mention...I will not be a revenue customer, am flying on UA miles. Does that preclude me from being able to access the SYD lounge when I'm in between my UA arrival into SYD (First), and my departure on NA (Business) - again, will lose my *A Gold by the time of this trip
Old Sep 29, 12, 11:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
I forgot to mention...I will not be a revenue customer, am flying on UA miles. ...
award tickets are still considered "revenue" tickets.

... Does that preclude me from being able to access the SYD lounge when I'm in between my UA arrival into SYD (First), and my departure on NA (Business) - again, will lose my *A Gold by the time of this trip
not difference in access rules for award vs cash passengers. Lounge access for premium cabin customers is limited to departure gateway airport in either case. There is a UA exception for its lounges for customers traveling international premium cabin on UA metal (allowing access to UC at connecting airports).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: