Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]

Consolidated "Lounge Access in SYD" Thread [Merged]

Old Mar 22, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Ah that sounds like really nice food - wow! I think I am glad the RCC has closed now . I thought the RCC was great because I am usually out in the terminal waiting for flights, so the RCC was a step above.. But the NZ lounge sounds great ^.

Okay, cant resist - OT and all, I hate those awful Manilla call centres - bring back the SYD a/port and down town staff anyday over these ridiculous call centres .
Old Jun 4, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
What about check-in & gate handling at SYD? Does UA still have own staff members or is it completely outsourced?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by connex2me
What about check-in & gate handling at SYD? Does UA still have own staff members or is it completely outsourced?
Not completely outsourced. There are a few to supervise at check-in and at the gate.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
SYD Shower

I'm going to be flying UA LAX-SYD, connecting to Qantas SYD-ADL. Now that Arrivals is no more, what's the best place to get a shower in SYD after the overnight flight?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:35 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
What class of service?

Originally Posted by onepassaddict
I'm going to be flying UA LAX-SYD, connecting to Qantas SYD-ADL. Now that Arrivals is no more, what's the best place to get a shower in SYD after the overnight flight?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:46 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
One of the best places I've found for a shower is the NZ lounge - but if you're continuing on QF domestically I do not know if you'll be able to access it.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Presuming you don't have access to the Qantas Club in the domestic terminal (ie, you're not in J or traveling with someone with QC access) then your only option is to use the public showers which are in both terminals. These are fully BYO (ie, no towels, no soap!).

If you do have a way to get into the QC then there are showers there with towels/etc provided.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by docbert
Presuming you don't have access to the Qantas Club in the domestic terminal (ie, you're not in J or traveling with someone with QC access) then your only option is to use the public showers which are in both terminals. These are fully BYO (ie, no towels, no soap!).

If you do have a way to get into the QC then there are showers there with towels/etc provided.
Thanks Docbert! Any particular location that would make sense to use transiting from UA int'l arrivals to Qantas domestic?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Shower then baggage claim, or claim then lounge?

I'm flying into SYD as well in F and was hoping to relax, shower, etc. in the NZ lounge before heading on to my hotel. If I check luggage, can I pick it up and clear customs and go back into the lounge? Or can I go into the lounge and hope my luggage sits and waits for me?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You cannot access the NZ lounge in SYD (which is airside) without an onward same day *A international ticket.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by docbert

And to get into the QF domestic lounges you need to either be in business class, have OW sapphire or emerald status, or have paid Qantas Club/Admirals Club membership.

Note if the QF flight is numbered less than 400 then it departs from the international terminal.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You cannot access the NZ lounge in SYD (which is airside) without an onward same day *A international ticket.
I think with the RCC lounge closure, we now use the ANZ Koru Club lounge. And since I'm flying first, I'm excited to see the Koru First Lounge in Sydney. I'm just not sure of the logistics if I check luggage. I'm not one to pack light!
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:30 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Paul in SF
I think with the RCC lounge closure, we now use the ANZ Koru Club lounge. And since I'm flying first, I'm excited to see the Koru First Lounge in Sydney. I'm just not sure of the logistics if I check luggage. I'm not one to pack light!
Kiwi Flyer already answered your question. You cannot be admitted into the NZ Lounge without an onward BP. It is not an Arrivals Lounge. Furthermore, NZ does not operate any F lounges. The only *A F lounge is SQ's.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:51 am

Thank you both for answering. Bummer for me, but I get it now.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 2:48 am

just as an addendum to your story,

you've probably been here (to Aus) before, you may want to consider that we are in a big drought, and the water here is much different to that in America, it has a strange effect on the skin - you may find your skin getting more oily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.