Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who is doing an MR this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Valencia VVIP, Hertz President Cirle
Who is doing an MR this weekend?

I'm leaving SFO (but it may connect in IAD/ORD/DEN) -> FRA, MUC, AMS, and maybe LHR (prob not though as it leaves me a few hundred miles short if I don't return to LHR for NYE), leaving on the 29th, returning on the 30th in time to possibly decide to go back to London on the 631pm out of SFO to make NYE in London. I'm trying to stay on United metal for E+, since it'll book out of S-class, and I think I need to connect on at least one leg to have enough miles, so I'll try IAD cxns preferably so I can use a regional upgrade to make the most of it, but ORD is good too.

Any other fellow FT'ers doing the same, wouldn't mind getting on a similar flight, I need to ticket today obviously.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:43 pm

Programs: 1P, Avis Presidents Club, Marriott Gold Elite, RCC
Sounds like fun!!! Good luck. BTW, having some snow here at ORD, but should be fine by then.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:51 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
Nothing like cutting it close!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold, Valencia VVIP, Hertz President Cirle
Originally Posted by gre
Nothing like cutting it close!
Tell me about it, was just about to give it up as I was supposed to be in London for NYE but then can't return in 2007, so then thought to scratch the whole thing. Now seeing AMS/FRA/MUC with a connection gets me over 1K anywhere from 42 miles to a few hundred miles is worth it.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 1:29 pm
gre

Programs: UA-Plat, Marriott-Plat, AAI, AAII
If possible stay off UA's 747s, even E+ is miserable on those buckets.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 1:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by ar2fly
I'm leaving SFO (but it may connect in IAD/ORD/DEN) -> FRA, MUC, AMS, and maybe LHR (prob not though as it leaves me a few hundred miles short if I don't return to LHR for NYE),

Any other fellow FT'ers doing the same, wouldn't mind getting on a similar flight, I need to ticket today obviously.
We're going MCI-IAD-BRU today and back home on the 31st!! found a $500 ticket and needed the 8K to keep 1P...
Old Dec 28, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm currently sitting in SNA waiting to get back to Chicago after the first leg of my ORD-SNA-ORD 10 hour trip. Figures that the day I plan this, chicago gets 6" of white delay-ness. So far, my trip got extended by 2.5hrs.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
TO answer the thread title... MBSPREMEXEC's wife is doing a segment run this weekend: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772285
Old Dec 28, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
just got back from
SAN-SFO-IAD-ZRH-FRA-SFO-SAN
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Locked and loaded

Assuming my ticket actually tickets and not just being reserved... PS, as an aside, check out... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772858

I'm doing (and can sponsor lounge access):

SAT 12/29 1250pm UA SFO->IAD
SAT 12/29 1020pm UA IAD->LHR
MON 12/31 950am Luft LHR->FRA
MON 12/31 525pm UA FRA->SFO (but trying to standby for the earlier flight for NYE cushion)

Suprisingly for $7xx and to my surprise, all upgradeable fares. Anyone on these legs, would love to connect up. I'll be in a black jacket, black jeans, beige shirt on the outbound, burgundy/wine shirt on the return, and small black shoulder bag... black hair and look younger ;-)
Old Dec 29, 2007, 5:15 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by ar2fly
black hair and look younger ;-)
Look younger than what...???
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:49 am

Programs: United 1P. 880k lifetime miles, all on my own dime.
Over the weekend I attempted LAX-LAS-LAX-ONT. The LAS-LAX leg was delayed and I mis-connected on LAX-ONT. They automatically re-booked me on a flight 6 hours later which I never took. I went to the gate after the late arrival and they assured me that I would get flight credit and they offered me a voucher for a shuttle ride. Of course the flight miles didn't post. I attempted a missing mileage credit request on ual.com but that came back with "our records indicate that you didn't fly this segment" I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed as I am now 300 miles short of status for next year.
Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Just returned from BUR-SFO-IAD-AMS and back...

1) Ran into three other mileage runners and introduced them to FT.
2) Signed the January Hemispheres magazine on a 737-300 seats 1D and 1C
3) Was op-upped both ways between IAD and AMS, so with 2 CR-1s and $600, I got from Burbank to Amsterdam and back without seeing steerage!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDSteve
I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed as I am now 300 miles short of status for next year.
Thanks for the help!
Shut down your computer, drive over to the airport, and buy a ticket for a flight today.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:55 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ORDSteve
Over the weekend I attempted LAX-LAS-LAX-ONT. The LAS-LAX leg was delayed and I mis-connected on LAX-ONT. They automatically re-booked me on a flight 6 hours later which I never took. I went to the gate after the late arrival and they assured me that I would get flight credit and they offered me a voucher for a shuttle ride. Of course the flight miles didn't post. I attempted a missing mileage credit request on ual.com but that came back with "our records indicate that you didn't fly this segment" I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed as I am now 300 miles short of status for next year.
Thanks for the help!
You'll have to call into MP and speak with an agent. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.