Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

ONT/SNA to LAX Discontinued (and Other Intra-California Changes) in Janaury, 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ONT/SNA to LAX Discontinued (and Other Intra-California Changes) in Janaury, 2008

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Question ONT/SNA to LAX Discontinued (and Other Intra-California Changes) in Janaury, 2008

I know Skywest is getting new planes, but they are putting the CR7s on the LAX-SAN shuttle route? I noticed a schedule change in my booking and found out that my LAX-SAN flight in February is now renumbered as UA 6411 instead of UA 5423 and will be operated by an ExPlus CR7!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, that's impressive, although UA has CR7's on flights that are a similar distance sometimes (like RIC-IAD). Now I really wonder if LAX-SNA will go CR7!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Now I really wonder if LAX-SNA will go CR7!
Doubt it. Those flights are empty enough as it is.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
I looked at a random date in February (February 8), and only one of the 14 frequencies on LAX-SAN is a CR7. The rest are the good old EM2s (for now)!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Wow, that's impressive, although UA has CR7's on flights that are a similar distance sometimes (like RIC-IAD). Now I really wonder if LAX-SNA will go CR7!
LAX-SNA nonstop does not even exist in February 2008 based on the random dates I chose. I can't find the route after January 6, 2008. Kinda surprising, if indeed true!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:35 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rch4u
LAX-SNA nonstop does not even exist in February 2008 based on the random dates I chose. I can't find the route after January 6, 2008. Kinda surprising, if indeed true!
Yikes! I fly LAX<>SNA a lot since I do a bunch of business near SNA and like to grab the redeyes back to the east coast after a day of meetings.

However, I am seeing the EM2 flying LAX<>SNA on Feb 7 and 8 (didn't check any other dates).
Old Oct 18, 2007, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Yikes! I fly LAX<>SNA a lot since I do a bunch of business near SNA and like to grab the redeyes back to the east coast after a day of meetings.

However, I am seeing the EM2 flying LAX<>SNA on Feb 7 and 8 (didn't check any other dates).
TravelDesk and the united.com timetable still show LAX-SNA, but try searching for those flights on ITA for dates after January 6 -- not there!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are LAX-SNA and LAX-ONT gone??

Can't find either in the schedules for January.

Real shame if this is true.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:18 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
TravelDesk and the united.com timetable still show LAX-SNA, but try searching for those flights on ITA for dates after January 6 -- not there!
How about LAX-ONT (and v.v) -- are they in the schedule / ITA?

(No time to check at the moment!)
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:24 am

Both LAX-SNA and LAX-ONT are gone after January 6 as best I can tell.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both LAX-SNA and LAX-ONT are gone after January 6 as best I can tell.
Has there been an official announcement?

(Not that it's not obvious, just curious.)

I wonder what all those EMBs will be doing, then? 25x daily PSP?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by UNITED959
Has there been an official announcement?

(Not that it's not obvious, just curious.)

I wonder what all those EMBs will be doing, then? 25x daily PSP?
I checked a few other EM2 routes:

LAX-PSP
LAX-SAN
LAX-SJC
LAX-SBA
LAX-IYK
LAX-OXR
LAX-FAT
LAX-BFL
LAX-MRY
LAX-SMX
LAX-YUM
LAX-MOD
LAX-SBP

These are still around in January 2008.

United never really announces were routes are axed, but they do love to tout new routes that "enhance" the global network -- a good example being the announcement of IAD-NRT but no mention of the fact that JFK-NRT was axed to provide the aircraft.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Doubt it. Those flights are empty enough as it is.
LAX-SNA is hardly empty. I have flown that flight at least 10 times (either direction) and it has only been "empty" once with about 8 people of out 30. Most of the time it is a steady 20-25 and sometimes it is full.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL status lost across the board.
Originally Posted by nov11
I know Skywest is getting new planes, but they are putting the CR7s on the LAX-SAN shuttle route? I noticed a schedule change in my booking and found out that my LAX-SAN flight in February is now renumbered as UA 6411 instead of UA 5423 and will be operated by an ExPlus CR7!
Anyone notice if they are dropping the frequency on this? The flights generally go out with 1 or 2 empty seats (at least during the times I have taken them) so I wonder if they are just consolidating.

Alternately, they could be tinkering with the idea in a run up to the U.S. Open being at Torrey Pines...just a thought.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
This is bad. Currently the fares from LAS-SNA can only be routed through LAX. After Jan 7th this will no longer be the case. When do you think United is going to update their fares and routing info to allow me to route this through SFO?

This is my primary route LAS-LAX-SNA and vise versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.