Red Carpet Club Member Renewal

Old Nov 21, 07, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, CO Gold, UA Gold, US Gold, SPG Gold, AA, AMEX Plat, PC Plat
Question Red Carpet Club Member Renewal

My membership expired in October, and I was waiting to renew to see if they offer more than the standard 1,000 bonus miles. Has anyone received any better bonus offer on a renewal?
Old Nov 21, 07, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM/1K; Marriott Au; Hyatt Dsc
I got my renewal a couple weeks ago. No offer. IF (and a big if) I renew, it will be at the RCC on my next trip after expiration. No sense in starting the clock any earlier.
Old Nov 21, 07, 9:38 am
Original Poster

I have a couple of more trips before the end of the year, and feel the same way about renewing. I'll most likely wait until the new year when and If I renew.
Old Nov 21, 07, 9:52 am

Is there any financial or mileage penalty for letting a membership lapse and then later renewing "late" with a gap in membership?
Old Nov 21, 07, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Starman View Post
Is there any financial or mileage penalty for letting a membership lapse and then later renewing "late" with a gap in membership?
No there is not. Unfortunately. It would be nice if United provided some reasonable incentive to renew.
Old Nov 21, 07, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally when I became an RCC member, I got 10,000 miles, I thought they would offer more than a 1,000 mile benefit to renew. We shall see what happens, until them, i'm in no rush.
Old Nov 21, 07, 10:37 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by Pointzilla View Post
I have a couple of more trips before the end of the year, and feel the same way about renewing. I'll most likely wait until the new year when and If I renew.
My understanding, from trying to do this, is that they just renew the membership from when it expired (but I would love to be found wrong). I.e. my membership expires Jan 2008, if I wait until March to renew it it still expires Jan 2009.
Old Nov 21, 07, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mstraveler View Post
My understanding, from trying to do this, is that they just renew the membership from when it expired (but I would love to be found wrong). I.e. my membership expires Jan 2008, if I wait until March to renew it it still expires Jan 2009.
Fortunately (rare that I get to say that) you are wrong. It is valid for twelve months starting from the time you join (or renew in this case).
Old Nov 21, 07, 11:05 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Close to 13 months if purchased at the right time, or has that changed?

In any event, there'll need to be a quantum leap in facilities and service before I'll commit any more money (or miles) to it (past member).

Pat
Old Nov 21, 07, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by camachinist View Post
Close to 13 months if purchased at the right time, or has that changed?
Correct, that's still the case.
Old Nov 21, 07, 11:20 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Starman View Post
No. On the contrary, there is incentive in not renewing until the last possible minute. I expired in August, and it looks like I'll renew in December. 16 months for the price of 12. (The four months were 100% international)
Old Nov 21, 07, 11:32 am

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins View Post
Fortunately (rare that I get to say that) you are wrong. It is valid for twelve months starting from the time you join (or renew in this case).
Well, isn't that great ?? I am happy to be wrong here too.
Old Nov 21, 07, 11:41 am

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
If you do not renew before Expiration date, then it is a "new" memberhip? Meaning you lose the 1000 rdm?

Last edited by hawkxp; Nov 21, 07 at 11:42 am Reason: cannnt speeel
Old Nov 21, 07, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hawkxp View Post
If you do not renew before experation date, then it is a "new" memberhip? Meaning you lose the 1000 rdm?
You still earn 1,000 RDM's as a new member.
Old Nov 21, 07, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you wait a few months, you might get a 5,000 rdm offer. Mine expired last Nov, but my trips post-that were international C-class for a few months so I had access anyway. Originally the offer was 1K rdm, but after a few months it was 5K RDM.

Cheers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: