Wiki Posts
Search

Min Intl UA -> Intl UA Connection Time?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier 1K
Min Intl UA -> Intl UA Connection Time?

In my [last-minute] effort to ensure I requalify for 1P this year (yes, I pale in comparison to most on this board ), I am planning on doing a west coast-LHR turn.

Right now I have an itinerary on hold arriving LHR from ORD on UA at 11:25am and departing for SFO on UA at 1:20pm.

I will not be checking any bags. Will this be enough time to make the flight? Looks like I'll be sitting in Y [E+].

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't make it clear in the title--this is for LHR.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's more than enough time. You will just have to reclear security. You should even have enough time to do the lounge hop (LL, SKL, and RCC).
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
That's more than enough time. You will just have to reclear security. You should even have enough time to do the lounge hop (LL, SKL, and RCC).
Had a feeling you would be the first response.

Do any of those lounges have shower facilities available to *G?
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boeingair
Had a feeling you would be the first response.

Do any of those lounges have shower facilities available to *G?
Yep, all three of them do, although the RCC often has lines. Let me dig up my post reviewing the three, which have all the details.

Edit: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....0&postcount=47
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:17 pm

2 hours should be enough even in LHR.

But why did you pick LHR anyways?? It is miserable with the security they have and walking long distances etc. There are easier airports in Europe to pick from.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyaddict
2 hours should be enough even in LHR.

But why did you pick LHR anyways?? It is miserable with the security they have and walking long distances etc. There are easier airports in Europe to pick from.
Fares mostly--I'm pretty good at walking. Between now and the end of the year, FRA looked pretty expensive. Have you had luck with other cities in Europe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.