Reduced service DFW-SFO to 1x daily?

Old Nov 14, 07, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Reduced service DFW-SFO to 1x daily?

In future travel I'm trying to book, looks like UA is pulling the evening DFW-SFO flight and on some days the evening SFO-DFW as well. Big bummer for me as I'm about to make 1K! Plus, those DFW-SFO flights are usually pretty full. Anyone know if this is temporary?
Old Nov 14, 07, 11:59 pm
RJ

Originally Posted by onepassaddict View Post
In future travel I'm trying to book, looks like UA is pulling the evening DFW-SFO flight and on some days the evening SFO-DFW as well. Big bummer for me as I'm about to make 1K! Plus, those DFW-SFO flights are usually pretty full. Anyone know if this is temporary?
I can't comment on the SFO development, but FWIW, recently DFW-LAX was downgraded from mainline service to United Express CRJ-700. There are still 2 flights per day for now.

Last edited by RJ; Nov 16, 07 at 12:14 am
Old Nov 15, 07, 12:40 am

On what days are you seeing this? I am waiting for the fare to drop for my annual trip to SF in June, and I still see both flights.

The thing that has been holding me back, is that they are keeping seats out of the lower fare buckets for morning DFW-SFO flight, and the cheaper fares are not allowing routing through DEN, or again, the fare buckets are not there.

BillJ
Old Nov 15, 07, 1:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I dread this flight going to a CRJ also. On the bright side, w/ LAX, SFO and IAD all UX, it will give people an excuse to add segments via DEN or ORD, unless of course DFW becomes a UX only destination.
Old Nov 15, 07, 4:36 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
Makes me shudder to think that UA can't complete vs. AA to/from one of its hubs.
Old Nov 15, 07, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
It appears to be a temporary reduction for January 7 through February 12. The second flight is back February 13:

Ft Worth Metro TX US (DFW)
San Francisco, CA (SFO)
13 February 2008

UA1247 DFW 8:00 AM SFO 9:45 AM 319 3h45m
UA555 DFW 7:52 PM SFO 9:42 PM 319 3h50m

Search this Thread
Search Engine: