Wiki Posts
Search

Quick way to change ff# on ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold
Quick way to change ff# on ticket

I'm flying out tomorrow on UA and when I went to do online check-in I noticed that our travel agent put my MP# on the ticket and not my US# that I consolidate most miles with. What is the easiest and quickest way to get that corrected. I tried online, but UA.com doesn't let you make those changes. Don't want to waste an hour in line at the airport or an hour on the phone if I can avoid it.

ZS
Old Nov 12, 2007, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A quick change like this shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes on the phone, which is your best option.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, the phone line was quick and worked fine. I always assume the worst when it comes to calling any company.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
It should actually even be doable at the gate or pretty much at any stage before boarding.
Only in some stations abroad and maybe in IAD (my experience, doesn't have to be universal) agents are not capable of doing so.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold
You can also do this at the Easy Check In machine (Mr. Chicken). Not sure about OLCI, though...
Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by weero
It should actually even be doable at the gate or pretty much at any stage before boarding.
Only in some stations abroad and maybe in IAD (my experience, doesn't have to be universal) agents are not capable of doing so.
IME changing numbers at the gate (or any time after check-in) is a real pain and ends up not getting properly processed.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:12 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by UA840
IME changing numbers at the gate (or any time after check-in) is a real pain and ends up not getting properly processed.
I did this all the time. And until recently abroad and in IAD never ever had an issue with it.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:26 am
dwx

Programs: United Mileage Plus, American AAdvantage
As long as you aren't changing names, then you should be OK. You may have a problem if your name doesn't match your ticketed reservation.

Calling has always been the way that I handle this, but it's always a good idea to make sure it's all correct at check-in as well.

-dwx
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by UA840
As long as you get a reprinted boarding pass, they always post to the other program for me when changing at the gate. At both BKK and NRT this was no problem last month - even with BKK's awkward boarding pass collection / gate security setup.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I didn't get a new boarding pass, but when I rechecked the itinerary online it had my US#. I checked my DM account today and it's posted there, so no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.