Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

"Mileage Credit on Tickets Booked on Priceline, Hotwire, etc." Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Mileage Credit on Tickets Booked on Priceline, Hotwire, etc." Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: UA 1K
Travelocity should be fine. As far as I know, it's only tickets purchased through Priceline's Name Your Own Price program that do not allow mileage accrual - those book into some uber-discount fare class (G?) that I've never seen anywhere else.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:00 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Believe only "blind" ticket purchases (aka Priceline) are problematic. Straight purchases on Travelocity should be OK but you can call UA with the fare code and double check.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Hotwire "Hotfares" (or whatever they are called) are also ones that aren't supposed to earn miles.
Old May 26, 2009, 2:07 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Thanks for the enlightenment. Unfortunately I took too long to grab the fare. Just as I was ready to grab one and book it they informed me the lowest price just went up $250. It looks like midnight was the deadline. He who hesitates...
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: United, SPG
Does using Orbitz.com to book get you miles?

I am planning on booking a trip from ord to syd. The only reason why I am thinking about booking on orbitz is due to their price match guarantee if the price drops. Anyone know if booking through them will get UA miles?

Also any opinions on the premier travel service by United? The above trip will result in about 18k miles round trip, and the premier service is a additional $500 but results in 100% mileage bonus + red carpet club access + economy plus seating + some other stuff.

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:13 pm

For your first question, the answer is yes.

Originally Posted by onesweetworld
I am planning on booking a trip from ord to syd. The only reason why I am thinking about booking on orbitz is due to their price match guarantee if the price drops. Anyone know if booking through them will get UA miles?

Also any opinions on the premier travel service by United? The above trip will result in about 18k miles round trip, and the premier service is a additional $500 but results in 100% mileage bonus + red carpet club access + economy plus seating + some other stuff.

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: United, SPG
sorry it is actually the premier travel plus service
Old Nov 30, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Originally Posted by onesweetworld

Thanks.
Yes you get miles from the Orbitz tickets.

Personally I would not pay for that stuff, but I suppose it could be worth it to some...
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:43 pm

Expedia package SEA-NRT booked in L class. Any miles?

I booked expedia package SEA-NRT with UA nontop flights + 5 nights hotel accomodation for almost the same price as UA tickets alone. Good deal, but I am worried about miles. Ual.com shows booking class L; the fare details show 0USD.

I think L should earn miles. Anyone with recent experience?

I will be crediting miles to CO, but this should not make any difference...

By the way, it's interesting that according Expedia the airfare in this package is fully refunable, which makes it even better deal if true.

Anton
Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You shouldn't have any problem getting your mileage credit. L gets 100% BIS and 100% EQM on OnePass. I've booked through Orbitz with the combo deal many times and never had a problem. The discounts offered sometimes are huge. We got airfare and hotel for 300 less than the airfare once and that hotel was amazing. Not sure I'd trust the Expedia refundable airfare claim as the L fare restrictions come from the airline.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by armattheus
L gets 100% BIS and 100% EQM on OnePass.
Well, for your information, many times priceline book into L as well, but does it earn any miles ? None.

It is about fare basis not about fare code. Just like how can some T class fares cheaper than L or K ?

I would suggest OP to call and quote his PNR # to see if it earn any miles or not.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 11, 2010 at 4:40 pm
Old Jul 11, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well, for your information, many times priceline book into L as well, but does it earn any miles ? None.

It is about fare basis not about fare code. Just like how can some T class fares cheaper than L or K ?

I would suggest OP to call and quote his PNR # to see if it earn any miles or not.
are you referring to priceline blindbooking or priceline regular that books like a normal travel service? because blindbookings like hotwire and priceline don't earn in the majority of instances.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by armattheus
are you referring to priceline blindbooking or priceline regular that books like a normal travel service? because blindbookings like hotwire and priceline don't earn in the majority of instances.
But there are many travel packages doesn't earn any miles as well no matter what site it is (even some airlines ones), one should look for the terms before buying if miles are important.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
But there are many travel packages doesn't earn any miles as well no matter what site it is (even some airlines ones), one should look for the terms before buying if miles are important.
OK, I called UA. It took agent a while to check with the supervisor on this, but the answer was Yes, it does earn full miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.