Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

"Mileage Credit on Tickets Booked on Priceline, Hotwire, etc." Thread [Merged]

"Mileage Credit on Tickets Booked on Priceline, Hotwire, etc." Thread [Merged]

Old Apr 23, 2007, 6:49 pm

I have never booked a priceline or hotwire tickets because when I fly UA, I will want to make sure I earn my miles... and it counts to my status. Further, I had been decent in getting lowest fare options on my leisure travel with UA compared to other airlines anyway so why go to hotwire or priceline where I can dictate which airline I get to fly?!

As for hotel bookings with priceline or hotwire, I have been treated well by the hotel and had no issues.. sometimes got upgraded to better rooms. Nowadays, I book directly with hotel programs as earning hotel points and qualifying for hotel elite status became more relevent in my travel pattern. This meant more $ spent on bookings, but given liberty in choosing which hotel and which program for each stay.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by fastair
How could you expect LOYALTY points or econo plus for booking thru an OPAQUE booking engine? By doing so, you show that you are loyal not to UA (and therefore not deserving of any benefits of the loyalty program) but to price only.

That's like voting for Gore and going to the Bush victory party a few years ago.
You are awarded miles for flying, not for being loyal.....

Granted certain purchase options exempt you from earning miles.

I am sure there were more than a few people at the Bush victory party that voted for Gore.....
Old Apr 24, 2007, 12:26 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Out of curiosity, can't you just enter your MP# into the Easy Check-in machine when checking in at the airport? Or is that function disabled for Priceline tix?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by anishub
As for the hotel stays, give ur FF# while checking-out (not checking-in).
My company will always give credit for the stays, but you (the guest) has to call in and have somebody add the number in. Before you arrive/check in/check out/whenever! Most likely the rate will not qualify for miles.

Priceline: 1-800-774-2354
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Do I get full UA MP miles when booking on Orbitz or Cheaptickets?

If a book a roundtrip on Orbitz or Cheaptickets, do I get full UA Mileage Plus EQM/EQS miles no matter what the booking class? I heard that on some sites like hotwire and priceline, you do not.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, National Exec Elite
Orbitz yes. Cheaptickets, not sure, but probably.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
In order to get you the best possible answer, I'm going to move this to the United Airlines Mileage Plus forum where the experts in that program are sure to know what EQM you'll get from these booking engines.

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Mileage Run
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
I did a cheaptickets package a few years back and received full MP credit.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by frekwentflier
Orbitz yes. Cheaptickets, not sure, but probably.
Didnt 1 buy the other, so its really the same company. But be careful there are differences in their pricing
Old Nov 6, 2007, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DJ Traveler
If a book a roundtrip on Orbitz or Cheaptickets, do I get full UA Mileage Plus EQM/EQS miles no matter what the booking class?
The booking class matters for all points of purchase.
That being said, you should be fine.

You earn UA miles for flights on UA booked in:
F A P (first)
C D J Z (business)
Y B M H Q V W S T K L E U (coach)
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,8566,3122,00.html
Old Nov 6, 2007, 2:07 pm

You may not get full credit if you book on a website where you cannot see the airline before booking the trip.

Example: Priceline or hotwire. They will show you a price, but not an airline or itinerary until after you purchase the ticket. These will not earn any miles.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 7:21 am
UAL

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by ualboston1k
You may not get full credit if you book on a website where you cannot see the airline before booking the trip.

Example: Priceline or hotwire. They will show you a price, but not an airline or itinerary until after you purchase the ticket. These will not earn any miles.
Not only you don't earn any miles, but sometime they won't even allow you to stand by on earlier flights. I had this happened to me before.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Questions about Priceline

In threads about Priceline, I've seen posts explaining that Priceline tix don't accrue UA miles. The Priceline site claims that if you select the "Choose Your Flights and Times" option (as opposed to the "Name Your Price" option) "most flights eligible for frequent flier miles." Is this a runaround from Priceline, or is the site correct? FWIW, I'm looking at flying international business class on UA for at least part of the trip.

Also, anything else I should be aware of/beware of in dealing with Priceline? I assume that if I purchase a business class ticket from them, I can go ahead and call UA or whatever airline to then get a specific seat assignment. Is that correct?

Finally, I recall one post claiming that upgrades are possible on UA flights bought through Priceline. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Nov 14, 2007 at 10:30 pm
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
One question I have to ask is are you are you getting better fares from priceline?

Jeff
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Wellll...sort of better prices. For example, to try to get from SF to Manila next month, I'm finding SF to Hong Kong in business, connecting to CX in economy to Manila; then on the way back, Korean in business from Manila via Seoul to LAX, then connecting to UA in first for $4,600. Some definite trade-offs there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.