FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   ORD Domestic Routes 3 cabin aircraft (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/753598-ord-domestic-routes-3-cabin-aircraft.html)

gomike Nov 4, 2007 10:22 pm

ORD Domestic Routes 3 cabin aircraft

Are there any other domestic routes, that use a 3 cabin aircraft from ORD other than DEN and IAD?

hsxagent Nov 4, 2007 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by gomike (Post 8677264)
Are there any other domestic routes, that use a 3 cabin aircraft from ORD other than DEN and IAD?

Nope, other than if it is a sub.

DEN and IAD are the only Domestic cities which have 3 cabin aircraft from ORD as of right now in the UA schedule. There was 3 cabin 777 service this past spring from ORD-LAX flight 127 which was a 5pm departure from ORD. Maybe this will start up again in the spring?

I was on the 5:00PM ORD-LAX 5 times. It would have been 6 times but the 777 was sub for a 747.

zrudeboyz Nov 4, 2007 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by hsxagent (Post 8677286)
Other than if it is a sub.

DEN and IAD are the only cities which have 3 cabin aircraft from ORD as of right now in the UA schedule. But I could have sworn that during the spring for the last two years. There was one afternoon flight during the weekdays that was triple 777 3 cabin service to both LAX and I think SFO.

I know that I was on the 5:00PM ORD-LAX 5 times this past spring and it was 3 cabin 777 scheduled service. It would have been 6 but the 777 was sub for a 747.

Can confirm being in C on a 777 from ORD-LAX, UA 941 in Jan.

berkeleyguy3 Nov 5, 2007 2:51 am

Originally Posted by hsxagent (Post 8677286)
Nope, other than if it is a sub.

DEN and IAD are the only Domestic cities which have 3 cabin aircraft from ORD as of right now in the UA schedule. There was 3 cabin 777 service this past spring from ORD-LAX flight 127 which was a 5pm departure from ORD. Maybe this will start up again in the spring?

I was on the 5:00PM ORD-LAX 5 times. It would have been 6 times but the 777 was sub for a 747.

Wow, I was about to reply, "Nope, there's also 842 ORD-SFO". I fly this a few times a month (even two weeks ago), and it's been a three cabin 777 as long as I can remember. Looks like it's a 2-class 767 now.:td: Too bad. I'm going to miss the occasional double upgrade to F when flying on L fares:cool:.

It does appear that the 7:10 AM ORD - SFO is still a 3 class 767, though.

hsxagent Nov 5, 2007 3:09 am

Originally Posted by berkeleyguy3 (Post 8677738)
Wow, I was about to reply, "Nope, there's also 842 ORD-SFO". I fly this a few times a month (even two weeks ago), and it's been a three cabin 777 as long as I can remember. Looks like it's a 2-class 767 now.:td: Too bad. I'm going to miss the occasional double upgrade to F when flying on L fares:cool:.

It does appear that the 7:10 AM ORD - SFO is still a 3 class 767, though.

But it looks like 943 ORD-LAX the 5pm flight is still 3 class scheduled service.

TEDSTRIKER Nov 5, 2007 4:02 am

Use unitedcargo.com for 3 class info

On the www.unitedcargo.com web page there are schedules for widebody and narrowbody aircraft. While a wide-body definitely does not always mean 3 class, it gives you a starting point for checking for 3 class aircraft.

See...
http://www.unitedcargo.com/homelinkp...le10-27-07.pdf

For 777's and 763s I know after looking at this list you still have a lot of checking to do.
But for 744s since UA has only one configuration (according to www.seatguru.com), if you look for 747s you willk now instantly if you have a 3-classaircraft.

It looks like flight 943 from ORD to LAX to is supposed to be 3 class all the time, but the reasults are strange for November. It shows that it uses 757s and 763s. They show in the buckets to have business and first class seats, but the seat maps show 2 class aircraft. This is the same flight that is supposed to be a 744 on Saturdays according to the cargo schedule, but it looks like this 10/27/07 cargo schedule may already be out of date.

seatexpert.com can sometimes be useful for these kinds of things with its seat map that can show multiple classes at once, but for the ORD/LAX flight 943 it shows the same exact seats for both F and C classes, so I'm at a loss to explain.

Everytime I think I understand the way UA is doing things, I discover the exceptions and the changes.

sfo12345 Jun 8, 2009 2:35 pm

UA 866 [SFO-ORD] Swapped to New Config 747 on June 8

For those of you tracing planes: a new config on the 2pm sfo-ord instead of the 777. Hopefully that's good news for the ones going ord-sfo later today if the use same ac!

Fred 3 Jun 8, 2009 3:20 pm

Due to O'Hell (my name for O Hare)'s problems this morning, there was a cancellation ORD-SFP. That's probably why you got a 747. There is a 747 added to the schedule tonight -- 4:30, delayed to 5:30

I finally got my 1st (And hopefully not last) Double Upgrade. I was on the 3pm ORD-SFO, which had 281 people on the wait list. I was in 1st class due to a CR. I gave up my seat and the agent asked if I wanted upper or lower deck. After I mentioned Upper, she then said since I was a 1k , would I prefer upper or 1st class. Gee that was a tough decision.

Unfortuantely I have to wait now until 10pm for my connection to MRY, but it is well worth it. A DBC free for the family, Double Upgrade for me, and a 1st class seat on the reconfigurated 747.;);)

dfreeman02 Jun 8, 2009 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Fred 3 (Post 11875099)
Due to O'Hell (my name for O Hare)'s problems this morning, there was a cancellation ORD-SFP.

I didn't know United flew to Surfer's Paradise:
http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airpor...irportCode=SFP

otptravels Jun 9, 2009 12:24 am

UA 842 from ORD - LAX: 3 cabin premium 767

UA 842 was a 3 cabin premium 767 this morning from ORD to LAX. I thought it was just an equipment change but I just booked the same flight for two weeks out, then priced out a biz class ticket, and the seat map showed seats facing forward and backward. Maybe this is an intentional switch?? It would be nice, but it may not matter to me as I'm P1 and don't know that my 500-milers will ever clear. :(

ms_go Jun 9, 2009 5:00 am

Originally Posted by biruviannation (Post 11877246)
UA 842 was a 3 cabin premium 767 this morning from ORD to LAX. I thought it was just an equipment change but I just booked the same flight for two weeks out, then priced out a biz class ticket, and the seat map showed seats facing forward and backward. Maybe this is an intentional switch?? It would be nice, but it may not matter to me as I'm P1 and don't know that my 500-milers will ever clear. :(

I was on this flight last Saturday and it was a 3-cabin 767. It had been scheduled as such since I booked the ticket in early May.

rch4u Jun 9, 2009 5:37 am

Originally Posted by biruviannation (Post 11877246)
UA 842 was a 3 cabin premium 767 this morning from ORD to LAX.

Yep - aircraft turns back to ORD as UA 840, departing at 11:35.

rosspanics Jun 9, 2009 6:37 am

Speaking of 3 class domestic... does anyone know how to actually BOOK F class on one of these flights? I tried, but even when I chose First, it tried to put me in C.

windchill Jun 9, 2009 10:21 am

Keep in mind that a number of the 772's are going to start going through their cabin conversions soon, so there will still be a number of tin swaps on the hub routes as updated cabins come on line and older ones are being repositioned. We'll also have the fun of going from 772's to 763's or 752's depending on the repositioning. :td:

haddon90 Jun 9, 2009 11:13 am

looks like the 763 on UA907 got downgraded to a 757. bummer.

but i'll connect through LAX.