Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

No more access to Silver Kris Lounge in SIN for UA *AG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more access to Silver Kris Lounge in SIN for UA *AG

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by noah
No invite was needed, just my United business class BP.
Can we PLEASE put this to rest??
Invites are NEVER EVER offered by UA, nor needed by SQ staff in order to enter a SKL in SIN -

So long as: One holds a *A C or F BP. Period. End of story.
Dave
Old May 6, 2008, 3:12 pm

Omg!

All I can say...not really got a few more words. I am typing on these new/hip macs in the silverkris lounge in SIN T3.

It is so big you could live here with other people and never bump into anyone (ok I am kidding, but it is huge).

I am flying biz and I walked over the gold lounge first and the guy was like you are welcome to come in but I highly recommend the other lounge (it was early and I wasn't thinking clearly, still not thinking clearly). He highly recommended that I go to the other (silver kris) lounge and he was so right.

The NRT to LAX flight got cancelled and UA is trying to pack everyone onto the HKG to LAX flight (my current flight). I volunteered to get bumped. Maybe I can just stay here all day. But I will probably find out if they need me when I get to HKG...too bad.

Ok, ok, it is only a lounge afterall, but this is a great lounge.

Richard
Old May 6, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Richard4009
All I can say...not really got a few more words. I am typing on these new/hip macs in the silverkris lounge in SIN T3.

It is so big you could live here with other people and never bump into anyone (ok I am kidding, but it is huge).

I am flying biz and I walked over the gold lounge first and the guy was like you are welcome to come in but I highly recommend the other lounge (it was early and I wasn't thinking clearly, still not thinking clearly). He highly recommended that I go to the other (silver kris) lounge and he was so right.

The NRT to LAX flight got cancelled and UA is trying to pack everyone onto the HKG to LAX flight (my current flight). I volunteered to get bumped. Maybe I can just stay here all day. But I will probably find out if they need me when I get to HKG...too bad.

Ok, ok, it is only a lounge afterall, but this is a great lounge.

Richard
missed you by about 10mins...i'm typing this at one of the PCs.
Old May 15, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Guessing the answer is no...but can a UA *G get into the SKL with an Executive Economy ticket (like SIN-LAX)?
Old May 15, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by jjj8
Guessing the answer is no...but can a UA *G get into the SKL with an Executive Economy ticket (like SIN-LAX)?
Nope.
Old May 16, 2008, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by jjj8
Can a UA *G get into the SKL with an Executive Economy ticket (like SIN-LAX)?
No. This is the crux of the problem with SIN SKL's - they are not *G lounges.

This causes confusion amongst staff (sometimes) and pax who don't understand that one could *A riff-raff, with NO status, but if they hold the right BP's they get access.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.