Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Meals at UAL hubs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Rapid Rewards, SkyMiles
Arrow Favorite ORD, SFO, DEN concessions

For those FF who bring food onboard UA flights (choose not to purchase from UA "Fresh Food" choices) what are your favorite places in these 3 airports to purchase food for your flights?
ORD
SFO
DEN

I'll be flying through these 3 airports soon around meal times (on a mileage run) and would like to make an intelligent food choice with this group's help. Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by boomerang-boy
For those FF who bring food onboard UA flights (choose not to purchase from UA "Fresh Food" choices) what are your favorite places in these 3 airports to purchase food for your flights?
ORD
SFO
DEN

I'll be flying through these 3 airports soon around meal times (on a mileage run) and would like to make an intelligent food choice with this group's help. Thanks!
ORD is nothing special. I'd probably pick up one of the prepackaged Chili's things.

DEN I like the little French bistro thing they got going.

I don't go through SFO enough to know about them.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORD: Berghoff Cafe (terminal C)
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by nerd
ORD: Berghoff Cafe (terminal C)

You beat me too it. Berghoff Cafe ^ ^
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:12 am

Programs: UA1K
sfo used to have the crab pot...i'll be there tomorrow to try out yankee pier!
ord isn't special, and den has some good stuff.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:27 am

Programs: UA2P
Berghoff at ORD (good, but not great) is the only decent food option.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:39 am

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
I recommend the salted snack mix in the RCCs
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Uppsala9496
Berghoff at ORD (good, but not great) is the only decent food option.
I rarely buy food in airports these days, because of my flight times or advance confirmed upgrades. When I do buy, I go to the design your own salad place in the ORD food court. It's pricey but better for me than just a sandwich. SFO has a bunch of new concessions in the rotunda area, I've only been once and used the japanese concession on the left, food was okay. DEN has lots of options for quick or sit down meals, but nothing special. Although I do recall someone posting about getting a particular kind of beer at one of the restaurants upstairs.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:40 am

Programs: UA
Those of us who proudly fly Ted (and are willing to admit it!) partake in the great hotdogs on the B concourse before heading down the concourse to FlyTed
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:41 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
There is also a IIRC a wolfgang Puck's at ORD. Never went there but the one at LAX across from the RCC is a fave of mine. There is also one at DEN on the upper level.

The sandwich place at DEN once took pity on me after closing time, and gave me a *special* of any sandwich and drink for $5.00. It is not inconceivable to me that the $5 never made it into the cash register.

Yankee Pier is good at SFO (although a bit pricey).

Here is the real question: Where to eat at SEA? (I'm pretty sure the answer is nowhere).
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I eat in airports out of boredom -- usually seek out a Corner Bakery stand.

At LAX, I'm a sucker for La Salsa.

In the SFO int'l terminal, there's the Mexican place -- and the Japanese one -- both are quite good. Domestic terminal is pretty average foodwise -- but it's much nicer now since the renovation.

Don't go to DEN enough to comment on the food.

For ORD, if I really need to eat -- I go over to the AA terminal because their food court is 50 times better than anything that's available in concourses B or C!
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:51 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
ORD is nothing special. I'd probably pick up one of the prepackaged Chili's things.
Not if you value your health Probably one of our worst airport meals EVER at the ORD Chili's Too.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K HA Gold Frontier Ascend Hilton Honors Gold
SFO- Senor Jalapeno's has good burritos. They are in the food court by UA gate 68 close to AA TSA entrance.

For breakfast their is a small stand by Gate 76 which sells Breakfast Sandwiches, amongst other things. They have a great bacon, egg & chesse on foccacia bread that is really good.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
DEN: Que Bueno in the concession area near gate B50. ^

SFO: Nothing special here for my taste.

ORD: If I have time I tend to migrate to Chili's.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I don't usually buy too much to bring on board, but I do have a soft spot for the Cuban Sandwich sold at Just Desserts in SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.