No Jackets Allowed in the Exit Row??

Old Oct 24, 2007, 12:20 am

Location: my posts are my sole opinion and do not represent the opinions of UAL CORP and their subsidiaries
Originally Posted by GlobeCycle
Very interesting to hear your insights regarding safety training, workflyer and flygirl.

You two should start a Q&A thread regarding FA emergency safety training. It is so fascinating, because it is an element of air travel that us passengers will likely never encounter.
I just had a thought- would FTer's be interested in something along the lines of the SFO maitenence tour- but dealing w/ fa's?

I am thinking, a tour of the Training center, perhaps sitting in on a class or two, a tour of TK (safety training), seeing the mockups, doing a mock evac, raft exercise, opening a a/c door w/ all the bells and whistles, etc.

Just a thought.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:57 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flygirl94
He's lucky I wasn't the fa in question, I would have moved him right then and there. If you are not "able-bodied" enough to get through the terminal (wheelchair), IMO you are not "able-bodied" enough to sit in an exit row.
I would tend to agree, but it's not my call. (but point out that 40E would have been a good choice) I also don't know how this played out. There are a couple of pursers whom I feel I know well enough to ask, but this wasn't one of them. He might well have ended up somewhere else - all I can say is that he was still in his seat when I was there.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:00 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
I just had a thought- would FTer's be interested in something along the lines of the SFO maitenence tour- but dealing w/ fa's?

I am thinking, a tour of the Training center, perhaps sitting in on a class or two, a tour of TK (safety training), seeing the mockups, doing a mock evac, raft exercise, opening a a/c door w/ all the bells and whistles, etc.
That would be wonderful. I wrote WHQ some time back suggesting such a thing, and that people might be willing to part with miles or Real Cash Money for the experience. Sadly, it didn't go anywhere.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:09 pm

Location: my posts are my sole opinion and do not represent the opinions of UAL CORP and their subsidiaries
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
That would be wonderful. I wrote WHQ some time back suggesting such a thing, and that people might be willing to part with miles or Real Cash Money for the experience. Sadly, it didn't go anywhere.
Anyone know Ms. Higgens ext.#?

I know she was instumental in organizing the maintence tour.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
On a GoJet UX flight recently, the FA objected me to putting my paperback book in the seatback pocket during takeoff.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 9:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
I did the same, some years ago. Ditto response.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM

Just a thought.
I would be game - you think the training center might like to have a few untrained bodies to practice an evacuation?
Old Oct 25, 2007, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
We flew a domestic LH flight last year in Y, but thanks to *A Gold, we were in an exit row. I was surprised that LH does not all any carry-on bags placed under the seat in front of an exit row. This was A320/321.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.