Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Z fare West/East cost - Europe Sale Thanksgiving/Xmas

UA Z fare West/East cost - Europe Sale Thanksgiving/Xmas

Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:54 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
UA Z fare West/East coast - Europe Sale Thanksgiving/Xmas

Its mentioned in the MR forum, but also I thought its worth mentioning here.
Z fares - booked into business on UA.

Fare basis ZSPHOL1
Thanksgiving fares outbound 18-24 Nov, return 22-24 or 27-28th Nov. Fares look around $1100USD+tax for instance EWR-ZRH

Xmas times for the same routing is $1300+tax
That fare basis is ZSPHOL2 dates: 17Dec-04Jan and return 22dec-09Jan

Both require a 30day advance buy. Not a bad price including for the holidays.

Other routes I check and prices include:
EWR-BRU for $1100 in Dec
EWR-LHR for $1200 in Dec
JFK-ZRH for $1300 in Dec
SFO-ZRH for $2100 in Dec
ORD-ZRH for $1700 in Dec
EWR-FCO for $1300 in Dec
MIA-FCO for $2100 in Dec

EDIT!
Notes:

Q. Can I upgrade with SWU or miles?
A. If it is on UA metal, then no. restrictions only allow C &D, not Z. BUT if you booked on LH, then it is possible. To do so, you need it to be a LH flight number on LH metal. Then you can request a SWU for LH. Be aware, this is on standby basis only.

Q. Why do I got Y overwater?
A. There might not be any Z availability. Check other dates or different routes.

Q. What if I wanted to stay longer than the dates this fare is good?
A. It is possible. One way would book into this Z fare, and the return in another, which is higher price than this. For instance, I priced out EWR-ZRH out Jan 3rd, return Feb 2nd for $2500.

Q. Is there any fees for cancellation/changing?
A. Yes. Cancel/no show/refund - $400 Non refundable. Change - $400

Q. Why is this available?
A. I'm guessing to CO's fare they released a bit ago where they were advertising $500 one way in businessfirst to LHR.

Q. Min/Max stay?
A. None, except the dates that you need to fly in/out on

Q. Will I earn miles?
A. Yes, but unsure of the Cabin bonus. The fare states - Z CLASS FARES ACCRUE BASE MILES AND ELITE STATUS BONUS MILES BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CABIN/CLASS OF SERVICE BONUS MILES.

Fare
Code:
 APPLICATION AND OTHER CONDITIONS 	
RULE - 001/EZ01 UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED A RESTRICTED NON-UPGRADEABLE/ NON-DISCOUNTABLE BUSINESS CLASS FARES FROM THE UNITED STATES TO AREA 2/3 APPLICATION AREA THESE FARES APPLY FROM THE UNITED STATES TO AREA 2/AREA 3. CLASS OF SERVICE THESE FARES APPLY FOR BUSINESS CLASS SERVICE. TYPES OF TRANSPORTATION THIS RULE GOVERNS ROUND-TRIP FARES. FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE CAN BE USED TO CREATE ROUND-TRIP JOURNEYS. Z CLASS FARES ARE NOT UPGRADABLE TO FIRST CLASS. NEITHER MILEAGE NOR CERTIFICATES MAY BE USED TO UPGRADE THIS FARE. PASSENGERS WISHING TO HAVE THE OPTION TO UPGRADE SHOULD PURCHASE C OR D CLASS PER THE RULES OF THOSE SPECIFIC FARES. CORPORATE VOLUME DISCOUNTS ARE ALSO NOT PERMITTED. Z CLASS FARES ACCRUE BASE MILES AND ELITE STATUS BONUS MILES BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CABIN/CLASS OF SERVICE BONUS MILES. CAPACITY LIMITATIONS THE CARRIER SHALL LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PASSENGERS CARRIED ON ANY ONE FLIGHT AT FARES GOVERNED BY THIS RULE AND SUCH FARES WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE AVAILABLE ON ALL FLIGHTS. THE NUMBER OF SEATS WHICH THE CARRIER SHALL MAKE AVAILABLE ON A GIVEN FLIGHT WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE CARRIERS BEST JUDGMENT
SEASONALITY 	
FOR ZSPHOL1 FARES OUTBOUND - PERMITTED 18NOV 07 THROUGH 24NOV 07 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. INBOUND - PERMITTED 22NOV 07 THROUGH 24NOV 07 OR 27NOV 07 THROUGH 28NOV 07 FOR EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
FLIGHT APPLICATION 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR ON ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING ANY UA FLIGHT OPERATED BY UA ANY UA FLIGHT OPERATED BY LH ANY LH FLIGHT OPERATED BY LH ANY LH FLIGHT OPERATED BY UA.
ADVANCE RES/TICKETING 	
FOR ZSPHOL1 FARES RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 72 HOURS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE WHICHEVER IS EARLIER. NOTE - Z CLASS FARES ARE NOT UPGRADABLE TO FIRST CLASS. NEITHER MILEAGE NOR CERTIFICATES MAY BE USED TO UPGRADE THIS FARE. PASSENGERS WISHING TO HAVE THE OPTION TO UPGRADE SHOULD PURCHASE C OR D CLASS PER THE RULES OF THOSE SPECIFIC FARES. --- CORPORATE VOLUME DISCOUNTS ARE ALSO NOT PERMITTED. Z CLASS FARES ACCRUE BASE MILES AND ELITE STATUS BONUS MILES BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CABIN/CLASS OF SERVICE BONUS MILES.
MINIMUM STAY 	
NONE FOR ZSPHOL1 FARES
MAXIMUM STAY 	
NONE FOR ZSPHOL1 FARES
STOPOVERS 	
NONE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED
PERMITTED COMBINATIONS 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED. END-ON-END NOT PERMITTED. ADD-ONS PERMITTED. OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS -TO FORM SINGLE OPEN JAWS. A MAXIMUM OF TWO INTERNATIONAL FARE COMPONENTS PERMITTED. -TO FORM ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS. PROVIDED - COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY BUSINESS RESTRICTED/BUSINESS EXCURSION/BUSINESS ONE WAY SPECIAL EXCURSION/BUSINESS CLASS NON-DISCOUNTABLE-TYPE FARES FOR CARRIER UA/BD/LH/ OS/SK IN ANY RULE IN TARIFF IPRA - BETWEEN USA/CA-AREA 2/3 AND GUAM-AREA 2 IPRAI - BETWEEN THE USA/CANADA-AREA 2/3 VIA ATL.
SALES RESTRICTIONS 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 04DEC 07. UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED NOTE - Z CLASS FARES ARE NOT UPGRADABLE TO FIRST CLASS. NEITHER MILEAGE NOR CERTIFICATES MAY BE USED TO UPGRADE THIS FARE. PASSENGERS WISHING TO HAVE THE OPTION TO UPGRADE SHOULD PURCHASE C OR D CLASS PER THE RULES OF THOSE SPECIFIC FARES. CORPORATE VOLUME DISCOUNTS ARE ALSO NOT PERMITTED. Z CLASS FARES ACCRUE BASE MILES AND ELITE STATUS BONUS MILES BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CABIN/CLASS OF SERVICE BONUS MILES.
PENALTIES 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR CANCEL/NO-SHOW/REFUND. NOTE - A. DEATH/ILLNESS PROVISION -- TICKET MAY BE REFUNDED OR USED TOWARD PURCHASE OF ANOTHER TICKET DUE TO ILLNESS OR DEATH OF PASSENGER OR TRAVELLING COMPANION. VALID MEDICAL / DEATH CERTIFICATE REQUIRED. -- B. CUSTOMER FIRST POLICY -- IF RESERVATIONS AND TICKETING OCCUR ON THE SAME DAY A FULL REFUND IS PERMITTED WITHOUT PENALTY UP TO ONE DAY AFTER TICKET PURCHASE. -- C. EXCHANGE - CHANGE TO 1ST TICKETED FLIGHT / WHOLLY UNUSED TICKET -- UPON PAYMENT OF CANCEL FEE - RESIDUAL VALUE MAY BE REFUNDED OR APPLIED TOWARD PURCHASE OF NEW TICKET AT CURRENT FARE LEVELS ANY DIFFERENCE IN FARE/TAX IS COLLECTED AT TIME OF TICKET ISSUANCE. THE NON-REFUNDABLE CANCEL PENALTY OF EXCHANGE TICKET REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE. AFTER DEPARTURE TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. NOTE - IF ANY PORTION OF THE TICKET HAS BEEN USED THE PASSENGER IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANY REFUND. CHANGES ANY TIME CHARGE USD 400.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. CHILD/INFANT DISCOUNTS APPLY. NOTE - A. CHANGES MADE TO OTHER THAN THE FIRST TICKETED FLIGHT -- THE FARE LEVELS IN EFFECT AT THE TIME OF ORIGINAL TICKET ISSUE WILL APPLY - ALL PROVISIONS OF ORIGINALLY TICKETED FARE APPLY. IF THE NEW ITINERARY QUALIFIES FOR THE ORIGINAL TICKETED FARE BUT RESULTS IN A HIGHER FARE - COLLECT THE CHANGE FEE AND FARE DIFFERENCE /OR/ RESULTS IN A LOWER FARE -COLLECT THE CHANGE FEE AND REFUND THE DIFFERENCE TO THE ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT AT THE TIME OF REISSUE. THIS APPLICATION APPLIES BEFORE DEPARTURE. AFTER DEPARTURE - TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. -- CHANGE MADE TO OTHER THAN THE FIRST TICKETED FLIGHT RESULT IN THE NEW ITINERARY NO LONGER QUALIFYING FOR THE ORIGINAL TICKETED FARE - THE FULL VALUE MAY BE APPLIED TOWARD AN EQUAL OR HIGHER QUALIFYING FARE - USING FARES IN EFFECT OF THE ORIGINAL TICKET DATE UPON PAYMENT OF FARE/TAX DIFFERANCE AND CHANGE FEE. --
HIP/MILEAGE EXCEPTIONS 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED NOTE - THESE FARES ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR HIGHER INTERMEDIATE POINT CHECK HIP AND ARE NOT TO BE USED FOR CALCULATING DIFFERENTIALS.
TICKET ENDORSEMENT 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED THE ORIGINAL AND THE REISSUED TICKET MUST BE ANNOTATED - CANCEL PENALTY BEFORE DPTR - AND - NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER DPTR - AND - CHNG FEE/NON-UPGRADEABLE - IN THE ENDORSEMENT BOX.
CHILDREN DISCOUNTS 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED NOTE - GENERAL RULE DOES NOT APPLY ACCOMPANIED CHILD 2-11 - CHARGE 85 PERCENT OF THE FARE. TICKETING CODE - BASE FARE CODE PLUS CH OR - INFANT UNDER 2 WITH A SEAT - CHARGE 85 PERCENT OF THE FARE. TICKETING CODE - BASE FARE CODE PLUS CH OR - 1ST INFANT UNDER 2 WITHOUT A SEAT - CHARGE 10 PERCENT OF THE FARE. TICKETING CODE - BASE FARE CODE PLUS IN OR - UNACCOMPANIED CHILD 8-11 - NO DISCOUNT.
TOUR CONDUCTOR DISCOUNTS 	
AGENT DISCOUNTS 	
ALL OTHER DISCOUNTS 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED NOTE - GENERAL RULE DOES NOT APPLY NOTE - NO OTHER DISCOUNTS PERMITTED. --- Z CLASS FARES ARE NOT UPGRADABLE TO FIRST CLASS. NEITHER MILEAGE NOR CERTIFICATES MAY BE USED TO UPGRADE THIS FARE. PASSENGERS WISHING TO HAVE THE OPTION TO UPGRADE SHOULD PURCHASE C OR D CLASS PER THE RULES OF THOSE SPECIFIC FARES. CORPORATE VOLUME DISCOUNTS ARE ALSO NOT PERMITTED. Z CLASS FARES ACCRUE BASE MILES AND ELITE STATUS BONUS MILES BUT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CABIN/CLASS OF SERVICE BONUS MILES.
MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED THIS FARE MAY NOT BE USED TO CALCULATE A DIFFERENTIAL.
VOLUNTARY CHANGES 	
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THE EVENT OF CHANGES TO TICKETED FLIGHTS BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 100.00 OR HIGHEST FEE OF ANY CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WITHIN PRICING UNIT - CATEGORY 19 DISCOUNT APPLIES AND REPRICE USING CURRENT FARES - ONLY BOOKING CODE CHANGES PERMITTED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. CHANGE IS BEFORE ORIGINAL SCHEDULED FLIGHT 4. UA FARES ARE USED 5. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 6. VALIDATE ADVANCE RES REQUIREMENTS WHEN BOOKING DATE KNOWN 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 400.00 OR HIGHEST FEE OF ANY CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WITHIN PRICING UNIT - CATEGORY 19 DISCOUNT APPLIES AND REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT TODAY PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 2. UA FARES ARE USED 3. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 4. VALIDATE ADVANCE RES REQUIREMENTS WHEN BOOKING DATE KNOWN 5. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM REISSUE DATE TO DEPARTURE OF PRICING UNIT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - BEFORE DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 400.00 OR HIGHEST FEE OF ANY CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WITHIN PRICING UNIT - CATEGORY 19 DISCOUNT APPLIES AND REPRICE USING CURRENTLY TKTD FARE PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON/FARE BREAKS 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. UA FARES ARE USED 4. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET EXCEPT ADV RES-TKTG 6. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. UA FARES GOVERNED BY SAME RULE ARE USED 4. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 6. VALIDATE ADVANCE RES REQUIREMENTS WHEN BOOKING DATE KNOWN 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO 1ST FLIGHT COUPON 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. UA FARES ARE USED 4. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 7. VALIDATE ADVANCE RES REQUIREMENTS WHEN BOOKING DATE KNOWN 8. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE SUBTRACT RESIDUAL FROM THE PENALTY THEN ADD-COLLECT/REFUND - REFUND VIA ORIGINAL FORM OF PAYMENT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS. OR - AFTER DEPARTURE OF JOURNEY AND WITHIN TKT VALIDITY CERTAIN DOMESTIC REISSUE PROVISIONS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY THOSE OF UA INTERNATIONAL FARES CHARGE USD 400.00 OR HIGHEST FEE OF ANY CHANGED FARE COMPONENT WITHIN PRICING UNIT - CATEGORY 19 DISCOUNT APPLIES AND REPRICE USING CURRENTLY TKTD FARE PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. NO CHANGE TO FARE BREAKS 2. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 3. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 4. UA FARES ARE USED 5. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET EXCEPT ADV RES-TKTG 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 2. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 3. UA FARES GOVERNED BY SAME RULE ARE USED 4. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 5. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 6. VALIDATE ADVANCE RES REQUIREMENTS WHEN BOOKING DATE KNOWN 7. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT OR - REPRICE USING FARES IN EFFECT WHEN TKT WAS ISSUED PROVIDED ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE MET- 1. WHEN NO INTL COUPONS REMAIN - ALL NEW TRAVEL MUST BE DOMESTIC 2. FULLY FLOWN FARE NOT REPRICED TO FURTHER POINT 3. UA FARES ARE USED 4. PRIVATE TARIFFS ARE INCLUDED 5. NEW TKT HAS EQUAL OR HIGHER VALUE THAN PREVIOUS TKT 6. ALL RULE AND BOOKING CODE PROVISIONS ARE MET 7. VALIDATE ADVANCE RES REQUIREMENTS WHEN BOOKING DATE KNOWN 8. ADV RES IS MEASURED FROM ORIGINAL TKT DATE TO DEPARTURE OF FARE COMPONENT WHEN CHANGE RESULTS IN LOWER FARE IGNORE RESIDUAL THEN ADD-COLLECT ENDORSEMENT BOX- HIGHER NON-REF AMT AND NEW ENDORSEMENTS.

Last edited by jason8612; Sep 25, 2007 at 5:10 am
Old Sep 22, 2007, 9:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
not bad, that SFO-ZRH looks pretty nice.

edit: how does one book Z fares on .bomb? or do i need to call them?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Uhg. I'm probably headed to London over Xmas from IAD, where the fare is the usual $3,300 ish. The EWR to LHR flight is via IAD for $1,500 but if you originate at IAD, it's more than double. Oh the vagaries of airline fare structures!
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UCBeau
not bad, that SFO-ZRH looks pretty nice.

edit: how does one book Z fares on .bomb? or do i need to call them?
Just search under Search by Schedule or Search by Price (or Flexible Dates) and select Business (Lowest).

If the Z fare is available of the dates you are searching, it will automatically show up.

No need to call.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I wish it was a bit later for the return for xmas. Then I could make use of it
Too bad its not a 1 way fare

Last edited by jason8612; Sep 23, 2007 at 2:03 pm
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
Originally Posted by sardcft
Uhg. I'm probably headed to London over Xmas from IAD, where the fare is the usual $3,300 ish. The EWR to LHR flight is via IAD for $1,500 but if you originate at IAD, it's more than double. Oh the vagaries of airline fare structures!
How much is your time worth? A IAD/EWR is about $200 R/T or there is always Amtrak!
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Oh the insanity! But hmmmmmm.....
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
i just found
SAN-SFO-IAD-ZRH-FRA-SFO-SAN for $2357 a/i. books into A & Z fare buckets. how would i go about calculating the EQM's i'd received from such an itinerary? i want to jump on this as it's dec26-27 and a really easy Intl MR with plenty of time to connect through the airports
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:40 am
BCH

I'm doing ORD-NYC-IAD-FRA-MAD-FRA-ORD-NYC all for a beautiful price of $1217. ^

And with the exception of the FRA-MAD-FRA flights, all the flights are UAL metal. (which means that while I will get inferior C service, I will get the e-500 miles and double EQM's, if that promo ever comes to light.)

Hallelujah! (As we used to say in seminary.)
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Hmmm ... seems to work for LH codeshares as well. (Z on LH is upgradeable using SWUs).
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:21 am
Suspended

LH is publishing the same fares. No need to suffer UA's horrible Business Class (although I may, for the FFBIS).
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:26 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
Originally Posted by UCBeau
i just found
SAN-SFO-IAD-ZRH-FRA-SFO-SAN for $2357 a/i. books into A & Z fare buckets. how would i go about calculating the EQM's i'd received from such an itinerary? i want to jump on this as it's dec26-27 and a really easy Intl MR with plenty of time to connect through the airports
About 17.5k... not bad at all!

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=S...OR=&MAP-STYLE=
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
LH is publishing the same fares. No need to suffer UA's horrible Business Class (although I may, for the FFBIS).
I'm not seeing this on the LH website though ... did you do anything special to get it to show up?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by c1mth0g
I'm not seeing this on the LH website though ... did you do anything special to get it to show up?
They are publishing the fares. I saw them in the GDS. I was unable to get LH.com to book them (odd...), but my TA was able to price EWR-MAD on LH for $1000++.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also some pretty good fares to ZRH for anyone that really wants a chance at the new C...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.