Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "2 Million Lifetime MP Miles Benefits" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "2 Million Lifetime MP Miles Benefits" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation Consolidated "2 Million Lifetime MP Miles Benefits" Thread [Merged]

It official now: 2 million milers get 4 SWUs! ^

Upon reaching 2 million BIS miles earlier this year I inquired with MP. Last week I got a letter from UA Customer Services announcing a new benefit for 2 million milers effective 17 September 2007.

This morning I called M+ and was told I would get 4 SWUs. I checked online and sure enough the those four babes already had posted on 9/17!

Other 2 MMs out there might check their accounts. I am not sure if they post automatically, if one reached that level already some time ago.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the good news! I asked at Freddies a few years ago if they were going to do anything for 2MMs & got a vague reply. BTW - I like 4 better than the 3 at 1MM - never understood the odd # on that. Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's about time! Great to hear about a new benefit for those that reach such a high level!^
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
... BTW - I like 4 better than the 3 at 1MM - never understood the odd # on that. Cheers.
The assumption is that by 1MM there is a spouse and a kid to upgrade and by 2MM it's a spouse and 2 kids
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by azepine00
The assumption is that by 1MM there is a spouse and a kid to upgrade and by 2MM it's a spouse and 2 kids
If you've flown 2MM, you probably don't have time for a spouse and kids...
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Appreciate UA coming thru on this one, as it was indeed talked about/rumored for quite some time. Better late than never!

It is an incentive to keep flying with UA beyond the 1 million mile mark.

From the CS letter:

"Effective September 17, 2007, United Mileage Plus is announcing new program enhancements expanding recognition to include members at each million milestone from 2 Million lifetime United flight miles and beyond"

This could mean that 4 SWUs are awarded every million milestone reached after the 1 million one. However the MP agent stated, that benefit was only for the 2 million mile mark, stating UA would come up with some benefits once the 3 million level is reached.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
This could mean that 4 SWUs are awarded every million milestone reached after the 1 million one. However the MP agent stated, that benefit was only for the 2 million mile mark, stating UA would come up with some benefits once the 3 million level is reached.
Does this mean that no one has reached 3MM on UA yet?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:19 pm

boy am i going to love to use those swu's when i turn 90, about the time i'll earn them.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Even though I am still a long way off the MM mark, it is still great to hear the UA will recognize and reward those who have crossed the 2MM mark and beyond.

Congrats to all who have actually made it!^
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g

It is an incentive to keep flying with UA beyond the 1 million mile mark.
You'd fly an extra million miles just to get 4 SWUs?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Four extra SWUs is a nice perk! Were there any other details? Any other goodies, say, for example 1K for life???
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by CatHerder
Four extra SWUs is a nice perk! Were there any other details? Any other goodies, say, for example 1K for life???
Can't complain, eh? I mean, we are getting something for nothing. Okay, almost nothing.

I suppose critics could make the point that for every 50K over 100K, you get two SWUs so getting four SWUs for a million BIS miles is not a whole lot. But I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thanks, UAL!

I wonder if those who made 2MM a year or two ago get "grandfathered" in and will get the four SWUs or is it only on a go-forward basis.

I'm at around 1.6MM so the light is at the end of the tunnel.

Now if we could only get lifetime 1K. . . .
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jsgoldbe
Does this mean that no one has reached 3MM on UA yet?
Someone has probably made it, but I doubt it is a large group since it would be 3MM BIS.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:25 pm

Programs: UAL1K 2MM UGS, Hilton Gold
Hey, I'm nearly 3/4 of the way to 2 million.

Just 537,238 to go.

Should have them for the 2011 travel year.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
For that much flying, I think UAL should forget about the SWUs and just let you fly the planes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.