Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New united.com improvement: Find itinerary without logging in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New united.com improvement: Find itinerary without logging in

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2007, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Post New united.com improvement: Find itinerary without logging in

I was digging around united.com this morning and found that you are now able to find your itinerary by using a confirmation number, E-ticket number or credit number, without having to log in to My Itineraries.

Check it out here.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice, but totally buried in the site. Also, dumb idea to call it "guest access" -- just say what it is, "Find your reservation" or something more mundane.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by UNITED959
Nice, but totally buried in the site. Also, dumb idea to call it "guest access" -- just say what it is, "Find your reservation" or something more mundane.
Agreed, but it is indeed a very useful feature. Especially valuable for people with other * programs, this is a way for them to retrieve & manage their UA reservations, which they couldn't do previously. Cool feature (assuming it actually works), poor presentation/integration into the website. That is a pretty good trade-off to the norm: good presentation, poor funtionality .
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:44 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
The "guest" thing through me off also for about 15-25 seconds. I was going to test it but I used a different credit card for last ticket that I do not recall the number right now. I'm hoping it provides full itinerary management like you get if logged in at UA, and not just a subpar view like you get if you use the "sponsor upgrade" work around to look at a PNR not associated with your MP#.

It might be good, especially for people where UA is not their primary program, if they let users say log in with email address (not associated with mileage plus) and make/manage reservations, etc.

They also should have an option, both for MP and non MP users, to add a reservation to a sort of watch list of itineraries you are tracking. Like let's say I buy someone a ticket, I would want to add that res under my login id even though the PNR would not have my MP# in it.

Nice feature though, I guess UA is crawling before it runs .
Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:57 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
If I hit the continue button in I get
Error
Help
My profile

We were unable to complete your request. Please click here to continue or contact the Mileage Plus Service center at 1-800-421-4655 for assistance.
Our hours are 7 a.m. - midnight CST, Sunday through Saturday.
Why should I need to call MP, it should be web support or reservations.

There are more cookie problems related to this. This is just another poorly designed part of da bomb.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
If I hit the continue button in I get
Error
Help
My profile

We were unable to complete your request. Please click here to continue or contact the Mileage Plus Service center at 1-800-421-4655 for assistance.
Why should I need to call MP, it should be web support or reservations.

There are more cookie problems related to this. This is just another poorly designed part of da bomb.
FWIW, something happened to the link in the last hour. I was able to get to link in the OP about a half hour ago, but I now get the error you describe here.

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
(assuming it actually works)
Gee, who knew this would come true in under 30 minutes!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:08 am

FWIW, something happened to the link in the last hour. I was able to get to link in the OP about a half hour ago, but I now get the error you describe here.
Figured it out -- if you've already logged in at some point in your session, you get the error. If you first 'log out', and then click on the link, it works.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:09 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
United Skies - are there other "improvements" they have just made?? I noticed that the links to upgrade, seat assignment, refund etc have moved from the right hand side in My Itins to now run in one line from left to right.

A little OT, but I noticed in My Itineraries that when you select seat assignment - you now get a secure/nonsecure display items screen. This wasnt happening yesterday What is unsecure about a seat map?

Also ever since I booked my itin, it has shown the C class seat map b/c I have a waitlist for C class as the first segment on my itin - seemed to be a glitch as I could not see the confirmed E seatmap at all on my first leg (which was the next segment displayed in the itin). BTW - no, unfortunately it hasnt changed because I have cleared into C (b/c I havent yet) . Still waiting and hoping .

Well now the C class seatmap glitch seems to have been fixed (without me telling anyone)! I actually liked being able to see how full C class was getting on my w/listed flt - now I have the E seat map only.

Just wondering - have they been trying to improve or fix the .bomb lately?

P.S is there a thread for .bomb problems with seat maps? Wondering if anyone else has got this?

Last edited by Downunder girl; Sep 16, 2007 at 8:14 am
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:14 am

Figured it out -- if you've already logged in at some point in your session, you get the error. If you first 'log out', and then click on the link, it works.
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Just wondering - have they been trying to improve or fix the .bomb lately?
If so, not very successfully!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:18 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
If so, not very successfully!
LOL

Well maybe it's in baby steps......little by little. Sure is slow progress though. I guess that there is so much wrong with it, it will take years to get it right

I cant even log out successfully and when I log back in again to check my child's acct, I get my name back up there on the screen! Ah well, Rome wasnt built in a day........
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:30 am
In memoriam

This is part of the cookie related problems I was referring to. I was told Dec. 2006 by the ual.com project director that they were working on fixes to the cookie problems. Cookie handling is a major problem that permeates the whole design and results in a lot of the "intermittent" problems that customers see.

Also if you are logged and click "Mileage Plus login" or "Guest login" it just refreshes the page.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Sep 16, 2007 at 8:48 am
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
This is part of the cookie related problems I was referring to. I was told Dec. 2007 by the ual.com project director that they were working on fixes to the cookie problems. Cookie handling is a major problem that permeates the whole design and results in a lot of the "intermittent" problems that customers see.

Also if you are logged and click "Mileage Plus login" or "Guest login" it just refreshes the page.
Dec 2007???
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:40 am

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I also noticed that when I did OLCI, it now says 1K right under your seat, boarding and departure time on the left side of the boarding pass.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:44 am
Suspended

Pathetic.

1) Buried in the site.

2) "Guest Access" - huh?????

3) Why do I need credit card or e-ticket number??? Why not PNR and last name, like EVERY OTHER TRAVEL SITE ON EARTH???

4) Oh yeah, like everything on United's embarrassment of a website, it doesn't work:

Error Help

My profile

Big fat as usual!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:48 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by UA001
Dec 2007???
Oops, I will correct the post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.