When will UA solve the UX problem in SFO?

Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
My experience with Skywest is limited to the PIT <-> ORD route. Whenever I book a flight on this route, they are my preferred choice (even over mainline). They tend to be on time, their planes are clean and well maintained, and the staff is nice. I just wish they could add Channel 9 audio service on their CRJ700's. The difference between Skywest and Mesa is night and day. Mesa it is rare to have a good flight experience. I wish all UX service was contracted to Skywest. As for the other UX carriers I fly, Chautauqua (and Republic in general) and Transstates are middle of the road UX carriers.

--Jon
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:27 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Originally Posted by goalie
awwwww, you just busted my multiple tootsie-pop victim
Um, what?
(from my post in post #9 above) oh sure, now everyone knows who he is.........
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:29 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
duplicate post
Old Sep 9, 2007, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 2MM
Count me as another Skywest satisfied customr^^. I have had almost 100% good experience with them. BUT face it, at any major hub, the ATC and general conditions do not make for highly regular ops for small craft. As for SFO GAs, I have seen good ones and bad ones--same random distribution as other places on the system, except possibly IAD.

Flyer 420
in Boulder
Old Sep 9, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, LH SEN, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
I'm based out of SFO, so I don't fly much UX, but I have to pile onto the 'blame UA' part of this bandwagon. We just have too many small planes at SFO and we run too close to the bone in terms of capacity. Many other airports are the same way, but with the fog at SFO we get bit more often.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 8:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Familiarity breeds contempt, I guess. I fly SkyWest seldom enough that I
appreciate its superiority to Comair, Mesa, Republic, and various others.
(I have a soft spot for Chautauqua and Piedmont, though.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.