Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Rome [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by redburgundy
So, what changed between Monday and Tuesday?
We were flying in C, maybe only C and F pax are invited to the BA lounge (which is up the escalator from gate C2).

redburgundy what class were u flying F or C?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Originally Posted by italian7
redburgundy what class were u flying F or C?
we were in C
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
We are going to Rome for our honeymoon coming up the first week of March, and we'll be flying IAD-FCO-IAD in C.

After reading though this thread I noticed a couple people mentioned that FCO can be a zoo for check-in (even for C px) and that it can take 2-3 hours at times to get to your gate.

Is this accurate or is it hit/miss? FTR, we are departing FCO on Monday, 3/10 on the 9:55am flight.

Thanks,

Craig
Old Apr 5, 2008, 6:52 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
We are going to Rome for our honeymoon coming up the first week of March, and we'll be flying IAD-FCO-IAD in C.

After reading though this thread I noticed a couple people mentioned that FCO can be a zoo for check-in (even for C px) and that it can take 2-3 hours at times to get to your gate.

Is this accurate or is it hit/miss? FTR, we are departing FCO on Monday, 3/10 on the 9:55am flight.
Hope the honeymoon was good^ what did you experience with check in ?

Originally Posted by azepine00
UA F passengers get to use BA lounge (get a pass first).
Is this still the case, UA F pax get to use the BA lounge ?

-
Old Apr 5, 2008, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Hope the honeymoon was good^ what did you experience with check in ?

Is this still the case, UA F pax get to use the BA lounge ?

-
I was invited to use the BA lounge in January when I flew FCO-IAD in F. It was close to the tram entrance so it was in a good location. I'll be back there in May-June (peak season) so I will see if it still is open to UA F.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by cielodome
I was invited to use the BA lounge in January when I flew FCO-IAD in F. It was close to the tram entrance so it was in a good location. I'll be back there in May-June (peak season) so I will see if it still is open to UA F.
thanks
Old Jul 16, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA -1MM, SPG - Lifetime Gold
We just flew FCO - IAD in C and were invited to use the Amphore Lounge at check-in. The lounge itself was not all that great - in fact, it was rather cramped and quite crowded. We stayed and had a drink and a couple of snacks, but didn't stay long - it was rather loud and not terribly relaxing.

But I guess it's better than nothing.

I did enjoy checking into the new Terminal 5...until I realized that we then had to get on a bus anyway and go to the C Terminal...
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriot-Gold, HH-Gold, IHG-Pt, Amex-Pt, JPMorgan-Rsv
Originally Posted by mtbaker
We just flew FCO - IAD in C and were invited to use the Amphore Lounge at check-in. The lounge itself was not all that great - in fact, it was rather cramped and quite crowded. We stayed and had a drink and a couple of snacks, but didn't stay long - it was rather loud and not terribly relaxing.

I did enjoy checking into the new Terminal 5...until I realized that we then had to get on a bus anyway and go to the C Terminal...
Some pictures of Le Anfore lounge can be seen here.
http://ameblo.jp/koba-sf/day-20080402.html
Although the blog is in Japanese, you can guess...
Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:33 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Jake256
Some pictures of Le Anfore lounge can be seen here.
http://ameblo.jp/koba-sf/day-20080402.html
Although the blog is in Japanese, you can guess...
Very descriptive and accurate pictures. The food & alcohol selection is better at the AZ club next door, but AZ lacks the espresso attendants and service that Le Anfore has.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:44 am

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Thanks for the update and link with pictures. ^ I'm flying FCO-IAD in C in a couple weeks and figured there was no lounge, what a nice surprise.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by mtbaker

I'm assuming that this is past history as United now flies out of Terminal 5 ?

Anyone who flew C or F recently on UA confirm if there was lounge access in Terminal 5. UA agent on phone just said no lounge access for United F

Thanks,

--
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
You will check in at terminal 5 and based upon my experience the space is large and the lines are well organized. You clear security at terminal 5 then board a bus that takes you back to the departure terminal where you can find a lounge.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by nigos
You will check in at terminal 5 and based upon my experience the space is large and the lines are well organized. You clear security at terminal 5 then board a bus that takes you back to the departure terminal where you can find a lounge.
I will be in Rome the first week of January, so to be clear; with a business class ticket on UA I will be able to enter the Le Anfore Lounge in the terminal C?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 2K, 1.5MM, Hertz 5*
Wow, sounds like a lot of people have had bad luck at FCO. I have occasionally as well, but on my most recent trip last month, it was a breeze. Bags arrived promptly. I was able to use the *G lounge on my way out -- I did have to ask at check-in, but the clerk was polite and gladly gave me the invitation card. No problems at all. YMMV...

Cheers,

1Ken
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plt, Marriott Gold
Rome

I flew FCO-IAD in Y back in September - T5 is just a check-in area for the US airlines and El-Al, but there aren't actually gates there (at least I didn't see any). Immediaely after immigration, everyone has to take a bus to the C gates for departure.

Also, there is no lounge access for *G's - I was amazed that, as a 1K, UA doesn't provide any type of lounge access. I asked at both check-in and the gate and both agents said only C or F gets access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.