Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Rome [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Any Change to UA Lack of Lounge at FCO?

I'm flying to Rome in a few days on the IAD-FCO non-stop, returning the following week. Last I could recall, UA has contract lounge arrangements for F pax but not for C pax or RCC members. Is that still the case?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, HH Diamond
No lounge access for *G status on UA last time I was there (a couple of months ago).
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I just came in from FCO on 1/15 and was in F. I was invited into the BA lounge (and i saw a stack of UA invites on the front desk). For FCO it's a nice lounge, if not the nicest I've seen there.

On 1/12 I was in the Anfore Lounge which is in near the gates UA uses, but on a different flight (FCO-MAD) on LX in C, and some early arriving passsengers for the UA967 came in thinking they were allowed. The CSR said in good English that UA has no contract with this lounge, but after some more conversation they were permitted to remain.

So, unless you are in F, or flying LH, LX, OS *A in C, you probably won't get lounge access.

Last edited by cielodome; Jan 22, 2008 at 9:55 pm
Old Jan 22, 2008, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM
When I checked in for my flight at FCO 6 weeks ago (actually, I missed my FCO-IAD flight and a very helpful LH agent rebooked me FCO-(LH)-FRA-(UA)-SFO…but that's another story), I was given a pass that could be used for either the contract lounge or for 10€ credit in the duty free shops. Although I was in C for FCO-IAD, my rebooked FCO-FRA was in Y, so it must have been my *A status that got me the lounge pass.

The contract lounge was just OK, comfortable and not crowded at all, limited food, and no free wifi.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by SeattleFred
When I checked in for my flight at FCO 6 weeks ago (actually, I missed my FCO-IAD flight and a very helpful LH agent rebooked me FCO-(LH)-FRA-(UA)-SFO…but that's another story), I was given a pass that could be used for either the contract lounge or for 10€ credit in the duty free shops. Although I was in C for FCO-IAD, my rebooked FCO-FRA was in Y, so it must have been my *A status that got me the lounge pass.

The contract lounge was just OK, comfortable and not crowded at all, limited food, and no free wifi.
I am flying FCO-FRA on LH in Y then FRA-SFO on UA in C. If I understand correctly, this will also access to the contract lounge (Mosaic??) since I am *G. Do the same guest rules apply - I am flying with my sister who has no status? And do I get a pass from the LH agent when we check in or just show my *G card and LH boarding pass?
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by sierranevada
I am flying FCO-FRA on LH in Y then FRA-SFO on UA in C. If I understand correctly, this will also access to the contract lounge (Mosaic??) since I am *G. Do the same guest rules apply - I am flying with my sister who has no status? And do I get a pass from the LH agent when we check in or just show my *G card and LH boarding pass?
Depends also on when you are departing for FRA. The Mosaic lounge does not open until (at least) 9:30 AM, which makes it pretty useless if you need to connect to UA 901 in FRA. The LH agent will give you a pass at check-in if you show your *G card. You would be much served using the 10 Euro certificate on the back of the card and buying breakfast for yourself and your girlfriend. Besides, as lounges go, Mosaic is IMHO pretty poor.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Any idea if you would get access with a LH*G card but flying UA metal
Old Jan 30, 2008, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1P MM
Originally Posted by sierranevada
It looks like your itin is identical to mine, so I would expect that you will be given a lounge invitation when you check in for your LH flight. I did not check to see if the invitation would cover a non status guest.

BTW, when I flew FCO-FRA, the views were stunning, first of the western coast of Italy, then of the Alps. Try to get a window seat on the starboard side.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
It looks like your itin is identical to mine, so I would expect that you will be given a lounge invitation when you check in for your LH flight. I did not check to see if the invitation would cover a non status guest.

BTW, when I flew FCO-FRA, the views were stunning, first of the western coast of Italy, then of the Alps. Try to get a window seat on the starboard side.
Thanks for the advice - I will try to do that!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Any idea if you would get access with a LH*G card but flying UA metal
Access, yes, but unless you're flying in F, there is no *A lounge in the C terminal from which UA departs. The contract lounge (Mosaic) is in the B Terminal.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 7:47 pm

Flew out of FCO on UA967 today. Loads were light, Y was about half full. There was no delay in checking in (at C Terminal), no delay at security or passport control. At checkin we were given an invite to the BA lounge, which is large and comfortable. There is no second security check like there is at other European airports for flights to the US. All in all, a very pleasant experience.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 4:52 am

Has UA still not signed a contract with the Le Anfore Lounge (which is managed by Aeroporti di Roma)?

I can't believe they just don't offer lounge access.
When I flew out in April last year they said that they didn't have a lounge because the Anfore lounge was full to max capacity. I told her to make up a better excuse next time someone asked (the lounge was 1/3 full when I went in and I chatted with the agent that said that UA just doesn't want to pay...).
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL SM, AA
I flew out of FCO on Monday. Desk agent said that there was not a lounge available in C terminal but that they were working on it. Didn't feel like going to *A in B since the security line was backed up.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by norfolk_va
I flew out of FCO on Monday. Desk agent said that there was not a lounge available in C terminal but that they were working on it. Didn't feel like going to *A in B since the security line was backed up.
So, what changed between Monday and Tuesday?
We were flying in C, maybe only C and F pax are invited to the BA lounge (which is up the escalator from gate C2).
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL SM, AA
I was in Y, so that was probably the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.