Wiki Posts
Search

Free internet in the RCC!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Free internet in the RCC!

I was passing through the C concourse RCC at ORD yesterday and saw they now have several computers to use with free internet in the business centre. Next to each computer was a survey about the computers for you to fill out. Hopefully they will decide to expand this to more clubs, it's long overdue. Here's a picture of the sign they had up:

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3716/img0184pi0.jpg
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's about time!^ Would be curious to see if they have this at other stations as well yet, or if it's just being tried out at ORD.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seriously, what is there to test about free computer use?

Does UA think this whole Internet thing is just a fad and will eventually go away??
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
That's good. Having to pay for internet service is one of the very few gripes I have about the RCC.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:58 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lori_Q
That's good. Having to pay for internet service is one of the very few gripes I have about the RCC.
You must be easy to please.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
They should offer free WiFi instead of terminals to use. I hate using public terminals for internet access.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Seriously, what is there to test about free computer use?

Does UA think this whole Internet thing is just a fad and will eventually go away??
Judging by the website, I'd say yes.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ari
You must be easy to please.
Some would say not.

Perhaps I have a mild case of Stockholm Syndrome. The recent years of tatty upholstery, sticky telephones and minimal snacks have made me grateful for whatever improvements the Red Carpet Club management chooses to implement.

Seriously, though, I don't need to be pampered (much) when I'm at a domestic RCC. A comfortable, quiet place to sit with a view of the tarmac, and an electrical outlet, are usually all I want.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dimramon
They should offer free WiFi instead of terminals to use. I hate using public terminals for internet access.
Agreed, and I think that would be cheaper than buying PC terminals.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by N334AA
I was passing through the C concourse RCC at ORD yesterday and saw they now have several computers to use with free internet in the business centre. Next to each computer was a survey about the computers for you to fill out. Hopefully they will decide to expand this to more clubs, it's long overdue. Here's a picture of the sign they had up:

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3716/img0184pi0.jpg
These signs are a couple of years too old....but better late than never....
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Did they also have free alcohol? If so, you were in the Presidents club not the RCC.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
RCC at EZE used to have two computers with internet access for visitors' use. But they went away about a year and a half ago. However, since about APR of this year, free wireless internet has been available. That RCC was closed for renovatoin when I was there two weeks ago. I hope that service will still be there when I return next month.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Aug 16, 2007 at 3:38 pm
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:16 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
RCC at EZE used to have two computers with internet access for visitors' use. But they went away about one year and a half ago. However, since about APR of this year, free wireless internet has been available. That RCC was closed due to renovatoin when I was there two weeks ago. I hope that service will still be there when I return next month.
HKG still has them.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA-Gold MM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
RCC at EZE used to have two computers with internet access for visitors' use. But they went away about one year and a half ago. However, since about APR of this year, free wireless internet has been available. That RCC was closed due to renovatoin when I was there two weeks ago. I hope that service will still be there when I return next month.
It's open again, and the wireless is still free.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
At JFK last week I was given a free tmobile pass while checking in at the RCC. Was this because I was on a first class ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.