Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Master "Youngest MP Elite Member" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Master "Youngest MP Elite Member" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:36 pm
CMV

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Gold, UA Gold
I regularly fly in F between SFO and BOS and am regularly told by the FAs that the first class bathroom is for first class passengers. I usually find this odd since the FA has often just served me a drink, which they have never questioned.

I'm 24 and am almost always dressed in khakis and a button down or polo.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CMV
I regularly fly in F between SFO and BOS and am regularly told by the FAs that the first class bathroom is for first class passengers. I usually find this odd since the FA has often just served me a drink, which they have never questioned.

I'm 24 and am almost always dressed in khakis and a button down or polo.
Time to switch from the velcro running shoes?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fredd
Time to switch from the velcro running shoes?
...and for heaven sake stop asking for a juice bag with dinner.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:10 pm

heh

I'm 23 and have never haad a problem with and FA's or pax because of my age. Perhaps they see me and are just too intimidated and awestruck One time there was a seat dual-assignment and the FA thought the older gentleman was me (just by looking at status on our boarding passes). She gave me the F seat right away though

I've only been carded on a flight once - JFK-LAS with a group of friends (and yes, we had been at the JFK bar beforehand, haha). This was on the Vegas carrier which went out of business 1-week after we returned!
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Come to think about it, I was wearing overalls, my "I heart Britney" shirt, and a beanie. Perhaps that had something to do with the homework comment.

In general, I agree with cmhua777's observation about the impact of what someone wears. I have noticed being taken more seriously when I am in work clothes. On the flip slide though, I feel like UA agents let me get away with more when I'm in "younger" casual clothes (e.g., being late for check-in, having a carry-on that's too big, etc.). Perhaps casual clothes make me seem friendlier?! Btw, do you find FAs actually pay attention to the status listed on the flight manifest?

I'm glad to hear there are so many other young 1Ks... next time you're on a flight and see an Asian kid (you’re correct, worldtrav) who looks a bit too young to be in F (or with a 1K boarding pass), say hi. It might be me… Or else, it's some kid who will think you're creepy.

1Konsultant
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

"I heart Britney" shirt?

That alone is deserving of bad treatment!
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I'm a 21 y/o first-time 2p, and I've never been carded in the air. Of course, for the record, I never drank till I was 21! heh heh heh
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Do under 21s get the 1K drink chits in your 1K kit?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
Do under 21s get the 1K drink chits in your 1K kit?
I did.. .

Ive been a 1K since I was 20, but then again I only started flying UA when I was 20... . Ive been an elite since I was 17 with Northworst.

Thanksgiving last year I was flying ORD to SIN. The Flight Attendant came up to me and asked me whether I was using my dads 1K number on my boarding pass... . I look 18 (at least thats what people say) - dont know whether that makes a difference.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by UA 882
Thanksgiving last year I was flying ORD to SIN. The Flight Attendant came up to me and asked me whether I was using my dads 1K number on my boarding pass... . I look 18 (at least thats what people say) - dont know whether that makes a difference.
Incredibly Rude. As a 100K you should have complained. These are UA's future customers [provided UA stays in the Air].
Old Mar 24, 2005, 1:25 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Now the interesting question is, who's the youngest Global Services in our midst?

Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:04 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Originally Posted by bursa
Check out this HUGE "being young and elite" thread...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...8&page=1&pp=15
So, I only read a bit of the thread. But, it does seem like CO cards their passengers if they really are unsure about your age when you are purchasing a drink. Did anyone actually have that experience with UA?
Old Mar 24, 2005, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO_Runner
Now the interesting question is, who's the youngest Global Services in our midst?

Doubt it's me, but I'm 28.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:17 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Doubt it's me, but I'm 28.
You're probably close!
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I never had a problem with UA, but two months ago I was having an F award ticket on SQ F SFO-HKG. Before the plane depart in SFO, the FA came and ask me "I need to ask you something, are you over 21 ?", just for the alcohol beverages. So I told her I will be turning 25 in May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.