Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Master "Youngest MP Elite Member" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Master "Youngest MP Elite Member" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 2P
Resurrection: I'm 19 years old and have 165k lifetime miles with UA, but joined the MP program in 2006 - so not that quick, but still enough. Achieved silver almost every year, even though I was based in Europe. On track for *G this year, finally!

I've been flying since I was 3 weeks old. Though on various airlines (lufthansa mainly), my total combined is over 500k rev. We used to be SuperElite (or whatever it's called on AC) as we got paid ExecutiveFirst (that's the name?) tickets from YOW to anywhere in Europe every year. All flights over 4 hours were paid for in C, which was nice.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
I'm 14 (15 Sunday, first time in exit row baby! ), was Plat last year, Gold year before that, and Gold this year. I was also silver when I was 2. I have gotten over 300,000 lifetime miles on CO/Partners (and a few more miles on non CO partners). Been flyin' all my life.
Very impressive! Any trick you can share with me so I know how to book hotels with my 12 years old son's name to build his hotel status?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Our 14 month old just hit Premier Silver this week - happened pretty quick once the Mrs decided she's too fussy to be a lap child anymore

Though I doubt this will happen every year!

It does mean I'm one "Those" with all the stuff to carry for a baby now; gone are the days of through security in 2 mins; now it takes 2 mins just to unload all the stuff! (Though I do tell people behind me to cut ahead while we do the baby unpack shuffle) - advantage though: I get to skip the full body scans and NOT get the alternate screening/pat down.

Originally Posted by 168
Very impressive! Any trick you can share with me so I know how to book hotels with my 12 years old son's name to build his hotel status?
You can do a name change on check in ; we do it often with our now 16 year old when we do 2 rooms

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 6, 2012 at 2:31 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by 168
It is his fathers status so technically he should not be listing it as his.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18351156-post3053.html
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
My son was a 1k shortly before he turned 3.

F.R.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by 168

Originally Posted by Flyer_70
It is his fathers status so technically he should not be listing it as his.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18351156-post3053.html

This comes up every once in awhile, and some people don't care, but some seem to want to make an issue out of it.

Yes, it is my dads status, but there's no real rule that I can't have it on, so I put it on *shrugs*

Besides, 90% of the time I'm in the hotel room as well. If it wasn't for me, and my love for Frequent flying/hotel staying, he wouldn't have much of a portfolio
Old Jul 6, 2012, 11:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This comes up every once in awhile, and some people don't care, but some seem to want to make an issue out of it.

Yes, it is my dads status, but there's no real rule that I can't have it on, so I put it on *shrugs*
Hey there's no real rule I can't put a bunch of made up stuff in mine either but I don't. You're lying to all of us including yourself, and you can rationalize it anyway you want, but, it's still a lie.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..

Besides, 90% of the time I'm in the hotel room as well. If it wasn't for me, and my love for Frequent flying/hotel staying, he wouldn't have much of a portfolio
You are misrepresenting yourself. Period. End of story. Try that on a resume one day and see where that gets you. Lying is something you want to avoid. Please grow up.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Hey there's no real rule I can't put a bunch of made up stuff in mine either but I don't. You're lying to all of us including yourself, and you can rationalize it anyway you want, but, it's still a lie.
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
You are misrepresenting yourself. Period. End of story. Try that on a resume one day and see where that gets you. Lying is something you want to avoid. Please grow up.

Thanks to both of you for your thoughts (really, not being sarcastic). Since people seem touched by this, I'll change it.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
I hit 1K when I was 26 flying to Guam all the time. I first hit Gold on US and UA when I was 24, again from business trips. I've kept 1K status for the last three years and will be 1K again next year.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat *G/DL Plat/Marriott Ti/WoH Glob
I was 1P at age 3 flying HKG to the east coast of the US each year, 1K at 18 with the help of a DEQM offer, GS at 22, and some 2P/silvers thrown in there in various years
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:02 pm

I went up to a GA to reprint my BP for a flight from ORD yesterday, she pulled up my record and frowned. She hen preceded to ask if my parents were gold, and I told her not I was. She didn't believe it, so I pulled out my card, and she was very surprised. We had a good laugh about it though
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I went up to a GA to reprint my BP for a flight from ORD yesterday, she pulled up my record and frowned. She hen preceded to ask if my parents were gold, and I told her not I was. She didn't believe it, so I pulled out my card, and she was very surprised. We had a good laugh about it though
Good of you. I'd have been a little upset if a GA accused me of shenanigans.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Good of you. I'd have been a little upset if a GA accused me of shenanigans.

I try not to get mad if GA/FAs don't attempt to trick me or actually accuse me of something major. I may complain about the smaller things later, but at the time I have no need to.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
My daughter was top status on NWA (75k Miles) at 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.