Wiki Posts
Search

LAX DFW non stops downgraded to RJ's

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:29 pm
RJ
Original Poster

LAX DFW non stops downgraded to RJ's

Flying back from DFW on Sunday, I asked the gate agent if there were plans to bring back the 2nd daily non-stop flight to LAX. With a very sad face, she said that DFW was being downsized... yes, the 2nd non-stop is coming back in September, but both daily flights will be downgraded to a CR7.

She said the DFW personnel were very disappointed... I agree.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
At least you get CR-7s. OAK-LAX is all CRJs.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA1K, AAPlat, SPG-G
Oh no, CR7s! Will fly as last, only resort.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Still a 757 loaded in schedule for September DEN-DFW
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
SFO-SAT goes mainline (A319) if that's any consolation.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Well, I guess we know where the planes are coming from
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:41 pm

Bummer. I suppose it is only a matter of time for DFW-SFO.
BillJ
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
I'd settle for the CRJ if it meant that United would fly LAX-DAL rather than into DFW. (I haven't carefully followed the Love Field changes recently, but I think the 50-seat limit to California still applies?) But I am probably in the minority on that.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:20 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by RJ
Flying back from DFW on Sunday, I asked the gate agent if there were plans to bring back the 2nd daily non-stop flight to LAX. With a very sad face, she said that DFW was being downsized... yes, the 2nd non-stop is coming back in September, but both daily flights will be downgraded to a CR7.

That's a loong flight in a smaaall plane.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 12:57 am

Programs: UA GLD 1MM, AA PLT 2MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by TonySCV
That's a loong flight in a smaaall plane.
Wow, that's even worse by 36 miles than the ATL-DEN which I've suffered through a couple of times this year.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by sam123
Wow, that's even worse by 36 miles than the ATL-DEN which I've suffered through a couple of times this year.
At least 1 of the 3 ATL-DEN frequencies is mainline, though.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by twoaisleplane
I'd settle for the CRJ if it meant that United would fly LAX-DAL rather than into DFW. (I haven't carefully followed the Love Field changes recently, but I think the 50-seat limit to California still applies?) But I am probably in the minority on that.
The seat rule still applies, I think, but it will be phased out in something like 5-7 years I think. But then the problem will be gates as they put a cap on the number of gates, so unless an airline already has a gate at Love, it will probably be very difficult to get in.

BillJ
Old Jul 30, 2007, 8:03 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Argh, DFW is my hub! Does anyone have more information on UA's "downsizing" of DFW?
Old Jul 30, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1P, F9 Ascent, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by RJ

May I recommend Frontier? Good seat pitch. Full size snakcs. Direct TV and movies at every seat. New planes. Friendly crews and interiors are being refurbished before they show wear. Also gets you into Terminal A at DEN so you can avoid the train and use the walkbridge. Generally shorter security lines as well.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I'm assuming it is a CR7 so that they can still have F seating for those who are connecting with Asia/Australia flights. I prefer the 170 over the CR7, but either beats the stinking CR2s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.