Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

How Can I Upgrade using Miles on a W Class TIcket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P RCC, Starwood Gold, Enterprise CC

My wife and I are flying to SYD via SFO from YYZ, on a SWU that UA gave us because they cocked up our ticket...

Is there any way we can use miles to Upgrade on our way back from SYD to SFO? It is a W Class ticket... Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks

Welsheagle
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
You will need to buy up to at least a H fare, or hope UA is offering Y -> C upgrades at the gate using cash
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by indo79
You will need to buy up to at least a H fare, or hope UA is offering Y -> C upgrades at the gate using cash
What he said. H fares are generally much more expensive and you'd need to get into that class or higher to use miles. Sometimes at the gate, if there are spare C seats you can try and upgrade by paying appx $500-$600 USD. Those are your two options. Well, that and hoping for the rare and elusive op-up. Good luck!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Yes you can, in about another 87 posts, IIRC

Otherwise, M/H fare or buy-up...

Pat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.