Fares on Virgin America

Old Jul 19, 07, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by silver springer View Post
I was happy to see a Farecompare alert yesterday that the price for BWI-SFO RT, AI was $230.
For what dates? And, is it working in reverse (SFO-BWI) ? Right now I'm seeing fares of ~$500 for the first week of August, and ~$450 for Xmastime.
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by humanoid94 View Post
UA just fired a major blow at VX. Fares ex-WAS of 150 all in on Farecompare to LAX and SFO for fall travel. I haven't checked but I would expect similar ones ex-NYC. Should be an interesting fare war.
I did a WAS-SFO for 10/18-10/22 on .bomb and best fare was 498. Then same dates IAD-SFO and came back at 498. On farecompare I did not see anything...maybe the internets is failing me tonite. :-) Kayak is not showing those fares either. Oh well.

If anyone has any other luck...please post.
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:21 pm

Per other threads, FC is showing a UA price match or beating VA -
fares not loaded yet
but $150 to DC $160 to NYC and <gasp> $65 to L.A. all roundtrip w/taxes
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by mikensf74 View Post
fares not loaded yet
If you don't mind me asking how do you see that info in farecompare. Pardon my ignorance, but I am new to farecompare, I mostly use Kayak or company travel to book. Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
According to FareCompare, it's a "new fare, not loaded". It's LE21NR1, starting 26 September.
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite*; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SULAX50 View Post
If you don't mind me asking how do you see that info in farecompare.
http://www.farecompare.com/flights/-...lDate=20071015
Replace the components of the URL as required.
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by mikensf74 View Post
fares not loaded yet

I am on UA now, and not seeing those fares....??????
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:31 pm

Programs: UAL Plat, 2+MM, AA Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat
I didn't see any messages after my original "couldn't get the web to work for VX" post that had any FTers complete a successful transaction.

Well I finally did.

After the site was down numerous times I went back on at about 6pm Pacific and was able to get a full SFO-JFK itin in FC for --$798-- all in. Prices in P.S. on my same travel days and times:

Y - $493
C - $2608
F - $4953 (I kid you not....)

As I just last week cracked my 100K EQM for the year I am doing this as an experiment....that VX FC product just looks too damn good.

The Fare Rules and Restrictions are also excellent compared to UA - especially for FC. No fare change cost at all on a non-refundable tix. Here is what came with my receipt.....

--------------------------------------
From Virgin America E-Ticket Receipt....(between SFO-JFK)
SFO-JFK

This fare is non-refundable. This fare is non-transferable; name changes are not permitted. Itinerary changes or cancellations are permitted without a fee. Any applicable fare increase will be collected. Any remaining balance will be placed in a credit file good for travel on Virgin America for one year from date of issue. Guests who no-show without a change or cancel prior to scheduled departure will forfeit the amount of this fare. Any future segments will also be canceled and the fare(s) forfeited. Travel must take place between August 9, 2007 and November 12, 2007. Travel must be purchased by August 8, 2007. Seats at this fare are subject to capacity controls. Seats are limited and not all flights may be available at this fare. All fares are subject to change until purchased.

JFK-SFO

This fare is non-refundable. This fare is non-transferable; name changes are not permitted. Itinerary changes or cancellations are permitted without a fee. Any applicable fare increase will be collected. Any remaining balance will be placed in a credit file good for travel on Virgin America for one year from date of issue. Guests who no-show without a change or cancel prior to scheduled departure will forfeit the amount of this fare. Any future segments will also be canceled and the fare(s) forfeited. Travel must take place between August 9, 2007 and November 12, 2007. Travel must be purchased by August 8, 2007. Seats at this fare are subject to capacity controls. Seats are limited and not all flights may be available at this fare. All fares are subject to change until purchased.

If you need to adjust your schedule, you can make changes and cancellations via our website. The fee is $40 unless you are flying First Class; then there is no charge. If there is any remaining balance after you change your reservation, it will be applied as credit that can be used with Virgin America over the next twelve months. You may modify your schedule until departure time. Again, our Help section never takes a day off, so please don't hesitate to use it for answers to all your questions.

I'm looking forward to first reports and my test flights...

--Scott
Old Jul 19, 07, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
http://www.farecompare.com/flights/-...lDate=20071015
Replace the components of the URL as required.
Thanks so much. Guess I will be refreshing the page a bunch until that fare does appear so I can book some uber cheap fares to SFO in Oct.
Old Jul 19, 07, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold
Score! Just got $65 a/i SFO-LAX for a wedding Labor Day weekend. Was mulling flying Virgin America, so I'm really glad I stayed loyal in this instance.

Last edited by FlyingBear; Jul 19, 07 at 10:28 pm Reason: Code error
Old Jul 19, 07, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
I think UA fat-phingered some of VX's fares. They're coming in at half on some routes... (IOW, a r/t priced at the one-way fare)... let's see if these make it to the GDS...

On edit, well I guess they did

Pat
Old Jul 19, 07, 9:26 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyingBear View Post
Score! Just got $65 a/i SFO-LAX for a wedding Labor Day weekend. Was mulling flying VA, so I'm really glad I stayed loyal in this instance.

I must not be lucky today...I cannot find any fares on UA that are matching those of Virgin.

Do dates even matter? sigh and confused again...
Old Jul 19, 07, 9:52 pm

Programs: star alliance
Going to give it a try

Booked SFO-IAD 9/28-10/2 in first ... we'll see if they fly. Says that if they don't fly they will make a reasonable effort to find a substitute at 200% of the fare (oh wow I could end up in UA ) or refund of 200%. Trip is not absolutely necessary so guess I got nothing to lose
Old Jul 19, 07, 10:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Looking at some of the UA fare codes for 08/08 forward they've got VX on the end. That was kind of them.

See here
Old Jul 19, 07, 10:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pallensf View Post
I must not be lucky today...I cannot find any fares on UA that are matching those of Virgin.

Do dates even matter? sigh and confused again...
Which dates are inputting?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: