Fares on Virgin America

Old Jul 30, 07, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by emcampbe View Post
I've got a hunch that F fares don't allow access to Virgin Atlantic Lounge, if for no other reason than the whole thing with VX's original application to start up getting rejected because they thought the ties between the two were too close.
Couldn't VX just have "an alliance" with VAtlantic allowing VX users to use the VA Lounge? Afterall we can all use other airlines lounges (within the restraints of the *A Programme).
Old Jul 30, 07, 5:09 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by PTravel View Post
I just got $108 (R/T) in September for approx. 6 pm departures.
Unfortunately those fares on that route (SFO-LAX) are only available RT.

I needed a one-way.
Old Aug 17, 07, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA*G, *wood Gold, Hyatt Pl, IC plat.RA.
switch

I am UA 1k and given a choice with getting more miles or trying VA on an JFK-SFO run. i've decided to save the $100 and test out the VA. I live in Aus and love Virgin atlantic and Virgin blue. I'm just waiting now for the pacific run to finally give UA and QAN some decent competition. Bring it on.
Old Aug 17, 07, 4:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daslax View Post
....In reality, I don't think UA is going to have to make any changes in regards to the premium cabin. VX for now only has one daytime flight and one redeye - that's 8 premium seats across all daytime flights. As much as I wish UA would add more upgrade inventory or lower premium fares, it's going to take a lot more than 8 seats to make them feel a pinch....
I agree, not enough to threaten PS. But...I bet those 8 seats get filled and since those seats are clearly profitable, it might tempt VX to tear out some Y and put in a few more. Also, eventually they will be adding flights.
Old Aug 17, 07, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
Exclamation

UA must lower fares and they are, but only on there SFO to EWR F fares.... And we all know UA F Sucks!!!!! So I am a 2P on UA, I fly SFO to JFK once a week, in either C or F but if UA doesnt want to lower there prices on F or C on PS flight VA, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 17, 07, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ballsandboards View Post
UA must lower fares and they are, but only on there SFO to EWR F fares.... And we all know UA F Sucks!!!!! So I am a 2P on UA, I fly SFO to JFK once a week, in either C or F but if UA doesnt want to lower there prices on F or C on PS flight VA, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you/will you fly UA each week? If so you should be at least a 1K (maybe UGS if you are paying for C) and those benefits seem to me to outweigh VX's product.
Old Aug 22, 07, 10:55 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ballsandboards View Post
UA must lower fares and they are, but only on there SFO to EWR F fares....
Has UA stopped matching Virgin's fares on the LAX/SFO route? I've found a number of dates in September where Virgin and other carriers are still offering $119 R/T, but can't find anything nearly that cheap on UA on any dates in September.
Old Aug 22, 07, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-La Jade, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by SFOTurtle View Post
Has UA stopped matching Virgin's fares on the LAX/SFO route? I've found a number of dates in September where Virgin and other carriers are still offering $119 R/T, but can't find anything nearly that cheap on UA on any dates in September.
LA7NTVX.
DAY/TIME
BETWEEN LAX AND SFO FOR -A7NTVX TYPE FARES TO LAX - PERMITTED 845PM TO 1159PM DAILY.
ADVANCE RES/TICKETING
FOR -7 TYPE FARES RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE. STANDBY PERMITTED FOR EARLIER/LATER SAME DAY FLIGHTS OTHERWISE WAITLIST AND STANDBY NOT PERMITTED. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE OR AT LEAST 7 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE WHICHEVER IS EARLIER. NOTE - THE TKTG AFTER RES REQ WILL NOT APPL WHEN FARES ARE COMB W/OTHER FARES TO CONST THRU INTL TRANS T/F PTS OUTSIDE THE US/CA/MX/BM/BS/WEST INDIES PROVIDED AT LEAST ONE INTERNATIONAL SEGMENT OUTSIDE OF THIS AREA IS VIA UA. THE FLIGHT NUMBER AND DATE MUST BE INDICATED ON THE TICKET.
STOPOVERS
WITHIN CONTIGUOUS U.S.A. NOTE - RULE 0180 IN DGR APPLIES 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION IN DEN AT USD 55.81 EACH. NOTE - NOT VALID ON NONSTOP ROUTINGS OR ROUTINGS THAT DO NOT HAVE DEN AS AN INTERMEDIATE POINT.
TRANSFERS
FOR ONE WAY FARES 4 TRANSFERS PERMITTED. NOTE - FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
PERMITTED COMBINATIONS
FOR ONE WAY FARES ADD-ONS NOT PERMITTED. FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS WITH ANY FARE FOR ANY CARRIER IN ANY RULE AND TARIFF TO FORM SINGLE/DOUBLE OPEN JAWS/2-COMPONENT ROUND TRIPS/MULTI- COMPONENT CIRCLE TRIPS. END-ON-END PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA POINT OF COMBINATION. NOTE - THE CITY PAIRS BELOW ARE CONSIDERED THE SAME POINT- BWI-WAS FLL-MIA FLL-PBI MIA-PBI BUR-LAX BUR-ONT BUR-SNA LAX-ONT LAX-SNA ONT-SNA OAK-SFO OAK-SJC SFO-SJC EWR-HVN EWR-ISP EWR-NYC EWR-HPN HVN-ISP HVN-NYC HVN-HPN ISP-NYC ISP-HPN NYC-HPN
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON EACH TRIP ON/AFTER 08AUG 07. TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT MUST COMMENCE BY MIDNIGHT ON 12FEB 08.
Old Aug 24, 07, 10:05 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Trying Virgin ....

Just booked LAX-SFO OW at 4pm on Tuesday. 149 in First.

The UA flight was pricing at 220 in H. The flight showed all classes open, but for some reason H was only available at that time. And we all know it is hit or miss with the daily mirage of randomed cancelled flights on that route.

I believe A was 308 on the new HUAUP. Sad, actually.

Looking forward to trying this out! May be my new choice on this route

Search this Thread
Search Engine: