Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit in Int'l C

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Gold, Marriott Gold
Amenity Kit in Int'l C

Haven't flown Int'l ANYTHING in 5 years. Flying SFO-LHR this month for vacation in C. I'm working on packing the necesities for my carry on so I'm curious what is provided in the C Amenity kit? I hear it's not near as good as it probably was last time I went trans-atlantic.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by lindsaybeth
Haven't flown Int'l ANYTHING in 5 years. Flying SFO-LHR this month for vacation in C. I'm working on packing the necesities for my carry on so I'm curious what is provided in the C Amenity kit? I hear it's not near as good as it probably was last time I went trans-atlantic.
I flew this route a couple of months ago, so I can safely tell you that you will get a plastic pouch with eye mask, ear plugs, lotion, tooth paste, brush, and a pair of socks.

Enjoy
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great rule of thumb: if you think you'll need it on the plane, bring it. (Liquids obviously fitting in your plastic zip-loc.)
Old Jul 2, 2007, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I flew this route a couple of months ago, so I can safely tell you that you will get a plastic pouch with eye mask, ear plugs, lotion, tooth paste, brush, and a pair of socks.

Enjoy
Just to confirm, I got the same thing on the same route. Very cheap plastic pouch.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
At first I wasn't keen on the Relax + Refresh drawstring pouches the Business amenities come in, but they are somewhat water-resistant, and they're pretty roomy. I've started using them to organize the detritus in my laptop bag. And they're great for holding small knitting projects.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by lindsaybeth
Same stuff as in 5 years ago, only thing is the bag is different, and they use H20 hydrating body butter.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:25 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Same stuff as in 5 years ago, only thing is the bag is different
And the socks are grey instead of red.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 12:28 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BlissWorld

Enjoy
You should also get a Smint pack of two mouth refreshers. Wish they'd bring back Scope mouthwash.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Appalling. VS has a nicer amenity kit in Y than UA does in C.

I really can't think of any amenity kit on any airline, anywhere, that exhibits the same paucity of amenities and shabbiness of content ... except maybe on Aeroflot about 20 years ago.

It's so shoddy that I don't even take it with me ... I must confess to taking kits from other airlines with me; they can serve as good gifts for little children, for people in Third World countries, or left for house guests. But even Third World residents would pooh-pooh the UA C kits ...

Maybe we should call it "Ameniti kit" ... RIP, Ameniti program ...

Basically, forget about the kit, even the sleep mask is of shoddy quality. Bring your own. It's not that big a deal.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
It's a pathetic kit - I toss just about everything out and use the draw string pouch to hold my mouse and other wires for my laptop.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by jujube
It's a pathetic kit - I toss just about everything out and use the draw string pouch to hold my mouse and other wires for my laptop.
That is exactly what I do as well.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 3:57 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the C amenity kit contains exactly what I need - toothbrush, toothpaste, eyemask, socks and earplugs. The breath mints are nice, but I don't use them all the time.

Sheesh, for all those who are complaining, what more do you really need? If it is really that critical, what is the big deal of bringing it on board yourself? (Within the liquids limits, natch)
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Why are you complaining? Fly singapore C and you get the same thing.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by vsevolod4
..I really can't think of any amenity kit on any airline, anywhere, that exhibits the same paucity of amenities and shabbiness of content ... except maybe on Aeroflot about 20 years ago.
You obviously haven't flown Singapore Airlines in a while, they don't even have an amenity kit in C. Just a small bag with a pair of socks and eye shades handed over seperately.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by worldtrav
You obviously haven't flown Singapore Airlines in a while, they don't even have an amenity kit in C. Just a small bag with a pair of socks and eye shades handed over seperately.
Thank you! You are 100% correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.