Search

Stuck in Lisbon (HELP!)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM
Stuck in Lisbon (HELP!)

Okay, FT'ers--here's the situation.

I'm on a free UA milage ticket mxp-cph-osl-rek (first leg, all sas), rek-osl (overnight, sas), osl-lis-bcn (tap).

I'm stuck in Lisbon (at baggage claim, lost and found) because the agent at osl stuck the wrong paper ticket in the jacket. They took my lis-bcn ticket (in osl) with the osl-lis boarding pass. When I get to the gate in lis, they will not let me board because I don't have the correct paper ticket. This is the last leg. Ground agents are madly calling TAP officials but no one is answering. They finally send the plane off.

When I finally deal with the bag (i'm #446 and they are on #393) at lost and found, I am supposed to go to the ground agent here in lis.

What am I entitled to? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

By the way, Iceland was amazing. So, at this point it is still worth it.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:38 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by juanitajh
What am I entitled to? Any suggestions?
Once they are able to confirm the facts with the OSL station, they will probably have you sign a Lost Ticket form, and then re-issue the missing ticket coupon(s). They may also need to contact the original ticket issuer (UA).

Good luck and be sure to report back!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
KVS is correct, TAM will reissue your ticket - there should be no fees whatsoever, since it was their screw up.

BTW, slightly off-topic - how many miles was this itinerary? Did you actually manage to book the entire thing as 20K miles *Alliance Europe award?
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM
I have happily arrived in BCN.

I waited three somewhat miserable hours for my bag to arrive and when I finally left customs it was 1 am. The customer service person claimed that she was only there because of a delayed flight. I have to say that all of the ground agents in LIS seemed genuinely emapthetic to my situation, but they also shook their collective heads and said there was nothing they could do.

The ground agent said she couldn´t offer me a hotel because it was a United ticket. But, after asking for a suggestion of a hotel (at my own expense), the agent made some mysterious calls and 30 minutes later I had a hotel with taxi and breakfast. She had also made a reservation for the 7:55 am flight but made it clear that I had no ticket, it was just a reservation. She instructed me to come back at 6:30 the next morning (4 hours later).^ I should also note that I was im-ing my partner while waiting for the agent to finish her call (she made many). He contacted United, explained the situation, a note was put in my file, and I was instructed (if all else failed) to purchase a ticket and then refund with a csr.

When I arrived back at the airport at 6:30, the line was a mile long. I scouted a short *G line and explained the situation. I received the same shake of the head saying that there was nothing she could do. I should try the ticket counter.

So, off to the ticket counter I go. Fortunately, there´s no line. I get another nice agent who ponders the situation and says there´s nothing she can do. I press a little harder, and she goes behind a wall. 15 minutes later the ticket is stickered and I am off to check in. By the time I arrived at the gate, the check in agent had already received documentation of my special case. I arrived at BCN at 11:00 am, with my bag, 12 hours late.

As for the award, yes indeed, it was 20K award with a forced overnight in Oslo. Besides this mishap, my bags were also delayed at CPH (on the way to REK) but arrived (via Iceland Air) the next morning as promised.

Thanks for the responses. There´s something oddly comforting to receive those responses!

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.