Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by andrewwm
any hope that when the new terminal opens there will be a true *A lounge and not these crappy contract lounges?
I have high hopes for the new terminals (they're aiming to one-up HK).

http://www.designbuild-network.com/p...nal-5-beijing/
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
I have high hopes for the new terminals (they're aiming to one-up HK).

http://www.designbuild-network.com/p...nal-5-beijing/
We'll see I guess - I'm just jaded after seeing plenty of highly-touted internationally-designed buildings that, once entered, becomes abundantly clear that corners were cut and the building will probably fall apart in 10 years...
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:31 pm
UAL

Programs: UA
*A lounge access in Beijing?

I am *A Gold with UA and will flight out of PEK on UA metal next week. However, I don't have my *A Gold card with me. Is there a way I could access BGS Lounge?

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should get an invite at check-in, which would suffice.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 4:47 am

Programs: UA GS, MM, AA (EXP), SPG Platinum, Priority Club, Ambassador Platinum, Global Entry
*[QUOTE=travelinmanS;4138705]There are 2 lounges, neither in Star Alliance both are contract lounges. They both stink.

Wow, was in one (PEK)last month and thought it had good food and atmosphere...better than RCC in SFO or LAX.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 7:08 am
UAL

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
You should get an invite at check-in, which would suffice.
Thanks for the info.

Different question. *G can invite a guest into *A lounge. Can I invite guest into the lounge since this is a contract lounge?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Originally Posted by andrewwm
... abundantly clear that corners were cut and the building will probably fall apart in 10 years...
Eh, this is not the United States.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 1:06 am

Programs: DL Gold ex DM, Marriott and Hilton Gold
UA1P flying CA PEK-PVG. access to any lounge at PEK?

I looked through every page of this consolidated thread and could not find the answer...

I am a UA 1P member and will be flying a domestic segment on CA. I know CA is not a member of *A yet, but will I be able to use the domestic CA or airport contracted lounge at PEK with my 1P card?

I know everyone that posted on this thread is talking about a *A international flight. I know if I was flying UA or NH etc, I am entitled to a lounge pass but this being a domestic flight on Air China, I wasn't sure.

I will be flying Y from PEK to PVG. I think the terminals is divided in to domestic and international sections. Will CA give me a lounge pass at checkin? or do they not give it yet because they are not an official member of *A?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xxdboixx
Will CA give me a lounge pass at checkin?
no
Old Oct 5, 2007, 2:08 pm

Location: some days Chapel Hill, NC; other days Weihai, China
Programs: UA GS; MU; LH; AC; OS
Originally Posted by xxdboixx
I looked through every page of this consolidated thread and could not find the answer...

I will be flying Y from PEK to PVG. Will CA give me a lounge pass at checkin?
an alternative, it's only a little more than $100 to upgrade to first class. it's definitely worth it, plus you'll have lounge access.

zzyster
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Premier Gold, Pan Am WorldPass (disc.), Hertz Gold, IHC Gold Elite, Marriott Plat. Elite
United Lounge in Beijing

Can anyone please advise what lounge United uses for F and C class pax in Beijing?

And additionally, is there a nicer Star Alliance lounge that United doesn't use that I should consider?

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:35 am

IIRC, *A uses contract lounges for both C and F. Both are quite pleasant, with abundant snacks (warm and cold) and free booze (likewise)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.