Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

ua.bomb Denied Access - Contact Password Support

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua.bomb Denied Access - Contact Password Support

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Angry ua.bomb Denied Access - Contact Password Support

Tried to log into my account this morning. ACCESS DENIED Please call password support. Oh, but were not open today. Call back Monday. Online request for new password not working either.

Happen to anyone else? I see they performed maintenance early this morning. Any connection?
Old May 13, 2007, 5:06 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
It's been happening a lot lately. There are at least two other threads on this.

Bottom line: wait for a hour or so and you should be able to get back on unless there's a real problem. One "real problem" is that someone may have entered your account number in error, and tried and failed to logon.

Edited to add: I'm locked out to as of 7am, May 13. Is there anyone on the .bomb elite software team who is not an idiot?

Last edited by dulcamara; May 13, 2007 at 5:16 am
Old May 13, 2007, 5:15 am

Programs: UA 1MM; QF VA CI KL KE
Originally Posted by djlndc
Happen to anyone else?
Me too. I can log into my itineraries, but not my mileage summary. Ho hum.
Old May 13, 2007, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Angry

Originally Posted by bnebased
Me too. I can log into my itineraries, but not my mileage summary. Ho hum.
geeez

da.bomb is now showing me as

General Member
0 Redeemable Miles

Old May 13, 2007, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K NW US HH Gold
Originally Posted by kb1992
geeez

da.bomb is now showing me as

General Member
0 Redeemable Miles

Ditto! .Bomb won't let me in. Says I need to reset my p/w. When I went to bed last night, I was a 1P (soon to be 1K) with 500,000 miles. Today, when I woke up, I'm now a General Member with 0 miles. However, I can still get at my itineraries.
Old May 13, 2007, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the responses. I feel a little better - I think.

I did a search but didn't find anything - sorry.

That whole 0 miles, General Member thing sent me for a loop. Amazing how UA allows this problem to persist.
Old May 13, 2007, 5:37 am

Hey don't fret guys. It's just a "scheduled" maintenance.

The front page said earlier that the account access, online reservation, and check-in (2:00-2:30CST or so) will not be available during 01:45CST to 05:45CST today. Let's see if it will come back online after that.
Old May 13, 2007, 6:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
well, it is 7 AM CDT, and still showing general member with 0 miles. I have a flight today, and didn't receive the email about online check in either. hmmmmm
Hope they fix this soon!
Old May 13, 2007, 6:06 am

Calm down people. It's the middle of the night on a Saturday and they announced that they would be doing maintenance. If I had a dollar for every website that goes down in the Saturday night overnight period and doesn't come back up exactly on time, I'd be a rich man.

Choose your favorite prescription medication and ~~chill~~ a bit. Life will go on. :-:
Old May 13, 2007, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
In the same boat...

I'm in the same boat folks. Zero miles, a General Member, etc. Good to see (comfort level only) that others are in the same boat. I think I'll give it a couple more hours, and see the ship rights itself.

Cheetah
Old May 13, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Thanks for the reassurrance, I'm in Thailand and thought someone had hacked my account and were arranging tickets for all their family members.
Old May 13, 2007, 6:36 am

Programs: UA Star Gold (lifetime)
I just called them (password support actually) they said it should be fixed later this afternoon.
Old May 13, 2007, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Angry

Count me in as locked out as well.... Didn't this just happen to some FTers a few days ago? You'd think UA could figure it out.....

I'm still just amazed at how well the NWA website is run compared to UA's!!!! ....and that goes for their respective Korean websites as well!
UA's website is sad.
Old May 13, 2007, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K;
I am "denied" also.
Hopefully it comes back up soon. I need to access my account this morning.
Old May 13, 2007, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Are we surprised?

This is an airlines that usually don't respond well especially in the area of frontline customer services. Dot.bomb problems are in their 6th consecutive years starting back in 2001 when UA pulled one of its best products in the last 20 years - The United Connection Software- out of service.

I was going to purchase three tickets this morning. After seeing the problems as everyone has reported, I was not sure whether it was wise to make the purchase.... Anyway, due to urgency of making the bookings and unable to get someone on the phone early this morning, I bought the tickets on US flights at US website instead. I actually saved a few bucks flying US out of a better airport (DCA) as result of .bomb problems.

United..... wake up!

Last edited by UA_Flyer; May 13, 2007 at 7:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.