sorry if my post was misunderstood...

PA
Old May 9, 07, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by pallensf View Post
sorry if my post was misunderstood...

PA
Not misunderstood, just overly dramatic.
Old May 9, 07, 10:14 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
oh dear...LOL....

magician: I have always been dramatic, yet never been a thespian...ok, admit, now I am being funny...hee hee hee.

I should invite you with me next week when I am on vacation at the Halekulani Hotel in HNL & we can see if we get mai-tais spilled on us poolside...

Ok, off to work for me, just wanted to add some San Francisco sunshine across the continent.

BTW, how's BOS weather today...? I soooooo miss the Cape....

Old May 9, 07, 10:20 am

Programs: United Global Services and 1MM, Marriott Titanium

BTW, how's BOS weather today...? I soooooo miss the Cape....

Beautiful sunny spring day in BOS. ^ ^

My back yard looks very green, and I enjoy the weather, plus the Red Sox is on top of the division when DiceK is not even playing great.

(I know, I know this is not October and the evil empire is only few games behind and they now got the Rocket. )
Old May 9, 07, 10:21 am

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer View Post
Oh, come on, don't play dumb. There was no other reason to mention Portland at all except that the OP is from there.

That said, I do think that most posters properly and honestly responded to the OP's question of what compensation to expect when they said "none."

I don't understand what the OP hopes to achieve by initially criticizing other FTers for allegedly going "ballistic" over nut temperature.
While the response may have been proper and honest, it didn't need to be delivered with the ridicule and irrelevant comments many posters thought were appropriate. I suspect that if the FA had shown any concern over a problem of her own making, the OP wouldn't have thought to resort to asking for compensation.

Surly FAs, snippy gate agents, and unhelpful CSRs get a lot of airtime on this site. Usually, there hasn't been a satisfactory resolution to what's perceived as poor customer service, so the complaint is posted on one of the forums. The OP's complaint is no less relevant than any other customer service issue.

I doubt that most of the posters who advised the OP to take a hike respond to similar annoyances in their life with such equanimity. If we were all so easygoing, forums like this would have about 5 threads.
Old May 9, 07, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, UA 2P, AA Gold, AGR Select Plus
Compensation=$0.00

What compensation might I expect?
None
Old May 9, 07, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer View Post
Oh, come on, don't play dumb. There was no other reason to mention Portland at all except that the OP is from there.

That said, I do think that most posters properly and honestly responded to the OP's question of what compensation to expect when they said "none."
no
I don't understand what the OP hopes to achieve by initially criticizing other FTers for allegedly going "ballistic" over nut temperature, and then being offended when people tell him/her that no further compensation is due, when he/she had specifically asked for that advice, and then accusing everyone of gang-banging him/her because too many people replied to this thread agreeing with the same sentiments.

If "too many" people agree, maybe they are on to something. Which is not to say that it's right to be rude or obnoxious. But that most people do think that no compensation is due here, and repeatedly asking isn't going to change their minds or get them to apologize.
Well maybe you ought to read the by now many posts defending me. And yes you're right, no one here is going to apologize because those who are attacking me are enjoying themselves too much. This is more like OMNI and the thread should be shut down.

There are all sorts of characters here such as United777Heavy who posts the median house price in my neighborhood as "as I just thought it was a interesting real estate fact. Please tell me where it is directed at you, as never did I mention you." If you believe that, you also believe that the moon is made of green cheese.

I have never attacked anyone on this forum, even those who cry when they don't get their warm nuts or their coats hung up.
Old May 9, 07, 10:47 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by kb1992 View Post

My back yard looks very green, and I enjoy the weather, plus the Red Sox is on top of the division when DiceK is not even playing great.

(I know, I know this is not October and the evil empire is only few games behind and they now got the Rocket. )
Only thing better than Boston in 1st place? Yankees under .500 (well, last would be even better I guess).
Old May 9, 07, 10:48 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines

thanks for the sunny update! luv BOS
Old May 9, 07, 10:52 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
My Coffee has this label on it about being hot, so I can't sue MCDonalds if I spill it on my cold nuts (remember that one years ago?) So.......

If the OJ spilled was not labeled as "Wet" then I think all of us who have had cold liquids spilled on us should unite and sue the spillers, the makers of cold liquids, and the makers of all cups. I was not warned that my root beer was liquid, and if placed on an uneven surface, could spill. From now on, all liquids must be labeled

LIQUID: PLACING CONTAINER ON UNEVEN SURFACE MAY LEAD TO SPILL.
Not responsible for spills on pants, shirts, socks, shoes,dresses. Driving, flying or otherwise moving with liquids between or near legs may lead to wet, cold or sticky nuts. Not responsbile for damage to pants or nuts. Drink at your own risk. Protections from hot liquids covered under separate label.
Old May 9, 07, 11:47 am

Location: All opinions expressed in my posts on this forum are my own and in no way represent the views of United Airlines or its affiliates
Originally Posted by euslaner>>>
A FA gave my seatmate his OJ but put it between the tray and the arm rest, where it promptly spilled over my running pants (which I wear on flights for comfort). The FA took away some wet newspapers and put a few paper towels on the ground. She didn't notice that my pants were wet. I told her so and asked for another blanket and she originally said that the full flight didn't have any (but ultimately found one when I insisted) and then told me that my pants would dry eventually (I had another flight in several hours to Helsinki). I told her that I would need to have my pants cleaned and that I was rather uncomfortable with wet pants and she offered me a $25 UA certificate. I spoke with a more sympathetic purser, who admitted that this was not handled well (I was basically told to get over it) but said that she could not do anything more. I could write to CS, she said, which I intend to do. What compensation might I expect?
Originally Posted by euslaner>>>
Presumably most people did not read my original posts. The FA ran away as quickly as possible--and in neither case "offered" a blanket. I had to ask both times and when the FA spilled OJ on me, she was reluctant to get me a blanket. The purser agreed that this service was unacceptable.
A Flight Attendant perspective ..."The service was unacceptable" ? I'm really trying to see where the FA did not respond appropriately in this situation. Did she not apologize profusely enough? Run fast enough? Or, more likely, did she not make a high enough offer of compensation for accidentally spilling a glass of OJ?

Flight Attendant's can only offer resources that they have available to them. It's interesting to me to read the OP. "The FA took away some wet newspapers and put a few paper towels on the ground." This indicates that the FA did not "run off" except to retrieve paper towels which are located in the lavatory or the galley, and after all the delay in the middle of her service, perhaps then off to the other passengers who were patiently awaiting the continuation of the meal service in this full cabin.

"and in neither case "offered" a blanket. I had to ask both times and when the FA spilled OJ on me, she was reluctant to get me a blanket." This is a full flight from IAD to FRA and blankets are gobbled up as quickly as those warm nuts served in first class. Likely the FA, in the middle of serving C class their meals, had to run around and beg a blanket off another passenger that was no longer using it.

"and then told me that my pants would dry eventually" Sounds to me like a flight attendant trying to reassure a passenger.

"she offered me a $25 UA certificate." Good use of resources available and the only compensation she could offer.

"I spoke with a more sympathetic purser, who admitted that this was not handled well." Another flight attendant called in over spilled OJ in the middle of a meal service on a full flight, with arrival time in an international destination ticking closer and closer ... how lovely of her to be so agreeable and to try to diffuse the situation.

Originally Posted by charliek44>>>
If the FA spilled juice on the passenger then not only should he/she be apologizing profusely, he should make every effort to help the passenger feel more comfortable again (ie getting tissues etc). Moreover, they should offer to send the pants out for cleaning. The fact that the FA who's at fault did not act as such is good reason to ask for more compensation. ... Giving no compensation for an FA error would be the same as telling the FAs that spilling drinks on passengers is OK.
Unfortunately, FA's are not able to "send the pants out for cleaning" while enroute. The FA did indeed compensate with the maximum resources available to her albeit, perhaps she did not apologize profusely, and simply, apologized. One might further respond that giving additional compensation would be the same as telling the passenger that seeking outrageous compensation over an accidental glass of spilled juice is OK.

I still remember this lovely couple in first class on a 757 probably eighteen years ago. I accidentally spilled some RED wine on her beautiful cream colored coat. I was MORTIFIED!! But I still remember them because they were so gracious, so kind, even shooing away the certificate I offered them because they were concerned it would reflect poorly on me. (It wouldn't, and I gave it back.)

Accidents happen and it's how you react to the spills in life that is
important ... not what you can get out of them. Karma, baby.
Old May 9, 07, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
i have a hunch this thread will be locked by the time i get back from lunch.
Old May 9, 07, 12:42 pm

Programs: 1.3mm
What I find amusing is that I am even adding to this already insane thread...lol

5 pages of it thus far: and moreover, as I do understand the original issue at hand...it seems so banal in the big picture.

To think-while the original post was being written, there was probably some helpless family stuggling with a child who is extremely ill, or a single parent working 3 jobs to support a family after the loss of a spouse.

I mean really now....

EXACTLY... thank-you
Old May 9, 07, 12:54 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
But too hot. Thank goodness for air conditioning.
Old May 9, 07, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I had a fellow passenger spill a drink on me once. It was the person in front of me, went down the seat. The key to all this was that I was drunk (in first class) so I didn't notice or care.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: