Wiki Posts
Search

exit row and companion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
Question exit row and companion

Just booked an itin for myself (1P) and my SO who is a 2P. I was able to select exit row seats for the two of us just fine. My question now is will those "stick" or will I have to go back and check every now and again whether the system kicked her or both of us out of the exit row?
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
AFAIK, exit row 'companions' are only allowed for 1Ks (or GS) if the companion is on the same PNR.

On that basis, I'd expect she may get kicked out... however, you will stay, and if your elite blocking sticks that far, you should have that middle next to you open on day-of to reinstate her
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold,HH Diamond, SPG,
HMM, I thought as a 1P you could reserve for you and a companion. I have reserved exit row for my wife and I on the same PNR a few times in the last 6 months and have not had any problems.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Prem exec and above can reserve an exit row, if the two of you are on the same record, then you can reserve both.

They should stick, barring an air marshal wanting them, but that will usually happen at the airport.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:44 pm
zac

I (1P) reserved an exit row for my co-worker (GM) on a flight. We are seated aisle and middle. So far we’ve had no issues. Also, we are not on the same PNR.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
AFAIK, exit row 'companions' are only allowed for 1Ks (or GS) if the companion is on the same PNR.

On that basis, I'd expect she may get kicked out... however, you will stay, and if your elite blocking sticks that far, you should have that middle next to you open on day-of to reinstate her
Not correct --it is 1P and above.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by carl92103
Not correct --it is 1P and above.
Thanks for the Krect™ion ^
Old Apr 16, 2007, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1P emeritus; Hhonors Silver; Marriott Rewards Silver
I did this on Ted a few weeks ago with my spouse, no problems.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
Smile thanks

all very encouraging so I will just assume the seats will stick. ^ Thanks everybody.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
One more confirmation. Before + 1 became 1P, we did this all the time and never had a problem.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 1:42 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Done this quite a few times. Never had a seat "lost." I have even been able to do this for someone on a different PNR by calling the 1 K desk in advance or on the day of by asking at the gate. One time got quoted one of those "rules" by a UA GA: "You are not allowed to have someone who doesn't qualify to sit in E+ sit next to you in E+. They have to pay if they want to move to E+ (and sit in the middle seat next to you), but I will make an exception, just this once."
Old Apr 17, 2007, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have saved the window or aisle and the middle seat in exit rows many times for me (1P) and wife (no status) on same PNR. For a period of several months about a year ago, I was often kicked out of the seats and moved to the back of the plane for no reason, only to be reinstated when I called. Hasn't happened to me in a while, but it doesn't hurt to monitor your seats periodically.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:20 am

Programs: UAL
Originally Posted by gp603
I have saved the window or aisle and the middle seat in exit rows many times for me (1P) and wife (no status) on same PNR. For a period of several months about a year ago, I was often kicked out of the seats and moved to the back of the plane for no reason, only to be reinstated when I called. Hasn't happened to me in a while, but it doesn't hurt to monitor your seats periodically.
I think UA's IT software does a clean sweep of exit rows when there's an equipment change. Like from a 752 to, say, a 752.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Or when it rains....

My remembrances of numerous FT threads was that 1K/UGS could pre-book exit row for a <1P companion but that other combinations of lesser status were subject to sweep. Perhaps that has changed.

My only annecdote was numerous bookings as a 1P for 9bc on the EM-120's for my wife (2P) and I. No issues with sweeps.

Pat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.