Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Me in upgraded C seat, wife in award coach seat- can we swap during the flight?

Me in upgraded C seat, wife in award coach seat- can we swap during the flight?

Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HDflyer
As an aside, just a personal preference, but I would NEVER wear flip flops or sandals on a plane. Imagine jumping onto a slide with flip flops? No thanks!
I'm sure I'll be quickly corrected if I'm wrong but, I believe you would need to remove all shoes of any type before jumping on a slide.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 2p
No dress code? Ask any airline employee if there is a dress code for the premium cabin(s). There most certainly is a dress code for them.
Care to cite your source?

Frankly I think that a "dress code" is ridiculous. If you pay for F, full-fare or through u/g instruments provided by an airline, then you should be able to dress comfortably and to your liking.

If I paid $12K for my transatlantic F ticket and some elite told me I wasn't appropriately dressed...well...
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Although service has indeed declined on domestic carriers, flying on a plane is still NOT equal to riding on a Greyhound Bus!
I must strongly disagree with this statement. I see little difference now between bus travel and economy plane travel, other than the travel time to your destination.

Been on TED lately? (trying to keep this thread mildly on topic for the forum). Or Southwest?
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by jerriblank55
Care to cite your source?
Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding, but it is a well-known fact that airline employees who sit in premium cabins are required to dress up to a certain code.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 2p
Ahh thanks for clarifying DTW. My apologies to HD.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 11:49 am

Just tell the waitress that you are both prone to deep vein thrombosis, and for health reasons, it's necessary that you switch......
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Yes, and there are reasons the airlines require their employees to follow a dresscode in First and Business class.
None of which have anything to do with fare-paying customers. The reasons are obvious. But for a paying customer (money or miles), unless a dress code is officially required, one should not be expected (by any passenger).

You want to talk about hygiene? How about the people that take off their flip flops and put their bare feet all over the bulkhead or wrap them in the blankets that others will use on the next flight?
I agree 100% about the bulkhead and bare feet (and socked feet for that matter). If you know your feet stink after a long day (i.e. afternoon/evening flights), leave 'em in yer shoes please!

-Mike
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:56 pm

long gone are the days where people "dress up" for 1st class. I'm usually in ratty jeans and a sweatshirt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.