Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*a gold and international lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2007, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I can only assume you've never tried to use an LH lounge.
This seems to be an inportune time to inform you guys that I interned with LH during high school. While I was never able to use the perks they provided me with due to a protective mom, my standing there is good enough to pull all sorts of tricks.

I'm going to go back into my hole now, but let's just say that lounges and upgrades have never been a problem because the young moondog was a good worker.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
every time this topic comes up, i post in disagreement with the "card carrying crew" so i'll do so again.

-i don't have a frequent flyer card
-i hang in the same lounges as the rest of you
-i've never been denied entry to a *a lounge i was entitled to use
A couple of years ago, I was turned away from an Asiana lounge in Korea when I didn't have my card, even I was flying on Asiana that trip. They stated their computer could not confirm my United FF status.

I was successful getting into the ANA lounge in Narita a couple of weeks ago without a card (like many others, my 2007 1P card was very late arriving).
Old Apr 11, 2007, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
This seems to be an inportune time to inform you guys that I interned with LH during high school. While I was never able to use the perks they provided me with due to a protective mom, my standing there is good enough to pull all sorts of tricks.

I'm going to go back into my hole now, but let's just say that lounges and upgrades have never been a problem because the young moondog was a good worker.
Well, for the rest of us mortals who haven't been employed by LH, we need to show a card of some sort before Frau will let us in!
Old Apr 11, 2007, 2:43 pm

Recently had a similar experience at the SK lounge in OSL. Didn't have my 1P card and even though they could pull up my MP number on the ticket, they couldn't see that I was *G.

I was admitted, eventually, but it seemed to be more as a favour by the lounge matron, "since it is almost empty here this morning...", rather than believing that I was in the right to access the lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
I think we all need to realize that the people who staff these lounges whether they be airline staff or 3rd party, don't know whether status in airline x is *G or *S hence the need for the card which clearly has a *G or *S logo. Yes the staff should have an easy list of what status level is associated with *G, but unfortunately they don't. Obviously if you're going to an INTL RCC with a UA BP w/o card for the most part they know what is *G and *S within the United MP structure, but maybe not for another alliance member. The same could probably be said with all *A carriers.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by kluau88
I think we all need to realize that the people who staff these lounges whether they be airline staff or 3rd party, don't know whether status in airline x is *G or *S hence the need for the card which clearly has a *G or *S logo. Yes the staff should have an easy list of what status level is associated with *G, but unfortunately they don't. Obviously if you're going to an INTL RCC with a UA BP w/o card for the most part they know what is *G and *S within the United MP structure, but maybe not for another alliance member. The same could probably be said with all *A carriers.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't think this is the case. Almost always my BP has UA*G printed on it (when not flying UA). Even then, I still have to show the lounge staff a card (or in my case an email from MP stating that I am *G and would have access to all benefits associated with being a *G as I don't have my 2007 card yet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.