Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: MVP
Is sounds like a dumb question i'm sure.. but is the shower/kit available at the regular RCC or is it at the First lounge? Few times I've gotten to fly in C never had the time to go to any lounges there .. get off Plane A --- get on Plan B kind of thing, but will be traveling soon enough with a 2.5 hr layover and looking to explore, flying in C but my companion is flying in F...
Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by eticket99
Is sounds like a dumb question i'm sure.. but is the shower/kit available at the regular RCC or is it at the First lounge? Few times I've gotten to fly in C never had the time to go to any lounges there .. get off Plane A --- get on Plan B kind of thing, but will be traveling soon enough with a 2.5 hr layover and looking to explore, flying in C but my companion is flying in F...
Its in the regular RCC, you can be flying Y for all they care, as long as you are Star Gold.

I think the general consensus is that the ANA lounge is better than the RCC apart from the shower at NRT.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
the ana ones are far better at nrt but the departure ones dont have any showers

seems they do

Last edited by bryanwallace; Mar 7, 2011 at 9:47 pm
Old Mar 6, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eticket99
United International First passengers may choose to use ANA (First Class) Suite Lounge where they provide L'Occitane shower amenities for you to keep, plus single-use pouches of Shiseido amenities in the shower room. L'Occitane kit includes 35ml bottles of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, and a 25g bar soap.

ANA Suite Lounge also provides excellent food, though the sea urchin sushi is request-only.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
Not really sure what you are talking about, but the ANA showers in C give you shower packets compare with RCC give you a whole shower kit, so which one is better you tell me ?

ANA showers only give you Loccitane kit in F but not in C.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
If you're saying that the NH lounges at NRT dont have showers, you are wrong, at least with respect to the Lounge near Gate 51.

I know, since I have showered there.

Dave
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry for the confusion,there are 2 ana int ones- i thought they both didnt have them or am i wrong?
i know the domestic one does as shower there often - massage chair highly recommend

i ckd and both do!

Last edited by bryanwallace; Mar 7, 2011 at 9:48 pm
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: MVP
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah i'm only 2P and thus Silver... so only get the lounges when in C :T. But since i'm flying with someone in First I now have too many options...

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Its in the regular RCC, you can be flying Y for all they care, as long as you are Star Gold.

I think the general consensus is that the ANA lounge is better than the RCC apart from the shower at NRT.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
New Murad Shower Kit

Just had a shower at NRT IFL, and used the Mudrad for the first time:

Old May 11, 2011, 12:42 pm

It seems that the Murad shower kit provided at the RCC and IFL are exactly the same. The pictures seem to feature unopened kits; does that mean that there is additional shampoo/soap in the shower for use apart from those in the shower kit?

If so, you guys would recommend heading to the RCC just for the shower then to the ANA C lounge for food etc? From what I read in this thread, there is no way of getting a shower kit in the ANA C showers.
Old May 11, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by eriond
It seems that the Murad shower kit provided at the RCC and IFL are exactly the same. The pictures seem to feature unopened kits; does that mean that there is additional shampoo/soap in the shower for use apart from those in the shower kit?

If so, you guys would recommend heading to the RCC just for the shower then to the ANA C lounge for food etc? From what I read in this thread, there is no way of getting a shower kit in the ANA C showers.
That's what I'd recommend having been to both. The Murad kit is actually pretty nice and has more things than just shampoo/conditioner, but isn't as nice as the old H2O kits.

The food and especially drink in the NH lounge is much better and if you like noodles, the by-order Udon bar is very nice! That said, the food options in the RCC are much better than they were last year or a few years ago - on our last visit (24 April 2011), there was a lot of edamame, wierd rolls (tortilla-wrapped food) - kind of what people would think of as a fat american sushi roll, soup and sandwiches. Plus, there was actually a few different beers there (had two that i've never sampled in my life) from the Beer Machines and also had one sake. Not bad, but not as good as the NH lounge.

So, yes, I'd recommend doing exactly what you say: shower in RCC, eat and drink in NH!

Enjoy NRT - the lounges are nice but getting into the city from there is the absolute pits.

-jeremy
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by eriond
Just had a layover at NRT and visited the NRT RCC. The shower kit I received is the same as the picture shown few posts before.

There is no additional soap/shampoo at the NRT RCC (not sure about IFL) as before. The bathroom has a set of towels, shower kit and hair dryer are provided by the "check-in" counter for shower.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Silver
Just had a layover at NRT few hours ago, and I took a shower. Noticed that they have upgraded the shower kit. The kit was plastic wrapped with "arrival kit" printed on the plastic cover. Since the kit was nice, I asked if I could get another shower kit, and the shower staff's response was sharply no. I asked the same favor in a more polite way again, but the staff's response was "only one shower kit per customer who takes shower" with a very cocky attitude. I have asked for an extra shower kit few times previously at NRT, but my request has never been declined. Is the new shower kit so expensive to make them not spare any extra shower kit for customer? Otherwise, was the staff who attended the shower counter having a bad day? The response "no" was fine, but she could have been more polite.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
The same Murad kit is also provided in the UA SFO FCL.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by N227UA
Just had a layover at NRT few hours ago, and I took a shower. Noticed that they have upgraded the shower kit. The kit was plastic wrapped with "arrival kit" printed on the plastic cover. Since the kit was nice, I asked if I could get another shower kit, and the shower staff's response was sharply no. I asked the same favor in a more polite way again, but the staff's response was "only one shower kit per customer who takes shower" with a very cocky attitude. I have asked for an extra shower kit few times previously at NRT, but my request has never been declined. Is the new shower kit so expensive to make them not spare any extra shower kit for customer? Otherwise, was the staff who attended the shower counter having a bad day? The response "no" was fine, but she could have been more polite.
The kit is to be used to take a shower. Why should they give you a second kit to take home? Seriously, you're upset about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.