Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: ua 1k, spg plt
Originally Posted by kkg
Although it could be a long walk, but we can always go to the ANA lounge which provides nice shower kits.
Did this happen recently? ANA only has "packets" of Shiseido stuff l thought?

Even their F shower kit is perhaps more expensive but, not as many items as the UA ones...
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Neil35
+1
On April 14 I visited NRT RCC (the one for *G--near gate 31 IIRC).
Received a very nice H2O kit as well. I really liked the whole kit.
Same here on April 7. The shape of the kit has changed from rectangular, flatter/shorter to one more cylinder-shaped with a leathery strap (presumably to hang it). Very nice. I always take the whole kit with me onto my next destination (or home).

I'd be quite disappointed if it's gone for good.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I received a kit at the end of March too...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 1:29 am

Programs: UA1k; 2MM; *G; *woodG
Passing through NRT twice in the past week, we went to RCC en route to ICN and ANA lounge on the way back. RCC amenity kit is quite nice: round bar of soap, H20 shampoo and conditioner, lotion, toothpaste, etc. ANA lounge has only packaged soap, shampoo, conditioner. Nice stuff, but not as nice as RCC amenities, IMO.

Slightly OT, but there is a lot of invidious comparison of RCC and ANA lounges from time to time. ANA has a really great noodle stand and an area to lay back and rest or sleep, but apart from those features, RCC is generally the better lounge IMO. Larger, more newspapers, more and better plugs for laptops.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by 3bjbno1
Passing through NRT twice in the past week, we went to RCC en route to ICN and ANA lounge on the way back. RCC amenity kit is quite nice: round bar of soap, H20 shampoo and conditioner, lotion, toothpaste, etc. ANA lounge has only packaged soap, shampoo, conditioner. Nice stuff, but not as nice as RCC amenities, IMO.

Slightly OT, but there is a lot of invidious comparison of RCC and ANA lounges from time to time. ANA has a really great noodle stand and an area to lay back and rest or sleep, but apart from those features, RCC is generally the better lounge IMO. Larger, more newspapers, more and better plugs for laptops.
Don't forget the sake selection as well.

I like the shower room better in the ANA lounge, however the shower kit pulled me into the RCC. If the kit is gone I'll just while away my layovers in the ANA lounge. Udon noodles, beer and sake are great companions.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
The nice H2O shower kits at NRT RCC are still being provided. As to my usual routine, shower at RCC then hop to ANA for some udon (yum!)
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:01 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by caffeine addict
I used both RCC and ANA facilities at NRT before. No doubt ANA offers excellent Shiseido shampoo, conditioner and body wash, but they are in the plastic "packets" of which I could not save the remaining portion for use later. Every time this happened I simply felt sorry that I had to waste such good stuff.

In contrast, I finish the small RCC H2O bottles on short trips or at home, excellent stuff indeed. Nothing wasted.

Originally Posted by jef7
The nice H2O shower kits at NRT RCC are still being provided. As to my usual routine, shower at RCC then hop to ANA for some udon (yum!)
Good to know the H2O kit is back.

That's my new routine too given sufficient layover time. Quite a rush running between gates 31 and 38, but just think about the noodle, the simple yet very tasty maki sushi, the sake bar...

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 28, 2010 at 10:30 am Reason: merge
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:08 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by Neil35
Good to know the H2O kit is back.

That's my new routine too given sufficient layover time. Quite a rush running between gates 31 and 38, but just think about the noodle, the simple yet very tasty maki sushi, the sake bar...
Yes! The udon is worth rushing, and running
Old Apr 28, 2010, 4:18 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by caffeine addict

Even their F shower kit is perhaps more expensive but, not as many items as the UA ones...
I didn't know they provided Shiseido products. I love them and use several of them daily.
Old May 2, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
No Kit on 5/2

I am waiting for a shower right now but there are no kits. You can grab stuff from a basket at the desk and shampoo, soap, etc. are apparently in the showers
Old May 2, 2010, 4:16 am

My visit on 4/29 consisted of little plastic baskets with different items, but no kits. There was a razor/shaving cream package, toothbrush package, and maybe one more. The shampoo/conditioner and shower gel was in the room. It would have been nice to get a kit, but it makes sense to keep things separate as pax can take whatever they require and not throw out the things they don't want. No complaints here. Although to be fair, I never went through NRT and showered with the old kits.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by jef7
... shower at RCC then hop to ANA for some udon (yum!)
hey.. that's my secret!

i dream of ANA udon often. mmm

Last edited by worldexpress; May 2, 2010 at 11:24 am Reason: added pic
Old May 2, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by chrislacey
My visit on 4/29 consisted of little plastic baskets with different items, but no kits. There was a razor/shaving cream package, toothbrush package, and maybe one more. The shampoo/conditioner and shower gel was in the room. It would have been nice to get a kit, but it makes sense to keep things separate as pax can take whatever they require and not throw out the things they don't want. No complaints here. Although to be fair, I never went through NRT and showered with the old kits.
Same experience in NRT on 04/20. I didnt pick up a toothbrush since she said the stuff was already in the room. Glad I carry one in my backpack. The shampoo and conditioner were a brand I had never heard of before. I didnt really care for them. I really liked the old cylinder shaped kit.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP Gold, AA Plat, SPG Plat
NRT RCC - Murad shower kits yet?

I'm at the NRT ANA Lounge right now waiting for my AC flight (delayed by 3 hrs).
Just wondering whether I should head over to the RCC for a shower.
The last time I was there (last month) they still had unbranded shower products.
Has the Murad kit made it yet? Or are they still using the same unbranded products?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
As of May, they still had the old kits.. I'm sure somebody that has been there recently can update you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...10-merged.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.