Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA MM / Plat
I flew through NRT on 4/13 and 4/25. The RCC had the "same old" H20 shower kits that I've had in the past. If it's a permanent change, it must have just happened in the past few days.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
No amenity since 1-2 years ago for business/RCC

Only first class section/IFL gets the amenity kit.
I flew through July/November 2009. Shower kits were available in RCC on 2 separate visits.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:07 pm

First time through on 8 April... and was given a very nice shower kit...

...but like RickFuller I felt I was wasting most of it....
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I was through NRT in mid March and again in early April and both times received the kit. Too bad if this is permanent. My finance loves them.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
No amenity since 1-2 years ago for business/RCC

Only first class section/IFL gets the amenity kit.
I flew through NRT this January. Shower kits were given in RCC.
I gave one to my colleague. He loves it!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by RickFuller
...and the rest of the kit went into the trash.

I suspect that a large percentage of customers simply throw most of the kit....
God I hope not. I collect all of the toiletries on my travels and donate to homeless shelters or women's safehouses!

Last year, I collected 6 full cartons (reams of paper) to donate. LOL....there are some pretty facy homeless folks in Sacramento -- some with simple bars of soap from Sheraton, and some with First Class amenity kits from United, Lufthansa, SAA, SQ, QF, etc!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:38 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Although it could be a long walk, but we can always go to the ANA lounge which provides nice shower kits.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by berkeleyguy3
I flew through NRT on 4/13 and 4/25. The RCC had the "same old" H20 shower kits that I've had in the past. If it's a permanent change, it must have just happened in the past few days.
+1
On April 14 I visited NRT RCC (the one for *G--near gate 31 IIRC).
Received a very nice H2O kit as well. I really liked the whole kit.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kevinsac
God I hope not. I collect all of the toiletries on my travels and donate to homeless shelters or women's safehouses!

Last year, I collected 6 full cartons (reams of paper) to donate. LOL....there are some pretty facy homeless folks in Sacramento -- some with simple bars of soap from Sheraton, and some with First Class amenity kits from United, Lufthansa, SAA, SQ, QF, etc!
^ I should have thought of this long time ago! I got some leftover Penhaligon's bath kits from Fairmont hotel.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I will be there Sunday and for the good of FT I will volunteer to use the shower to find out if they still hand the kits out (they did in January).
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Ok, so they definitely didn't have the kits on 4/27 when I visited, but berkeleyguy3 got one on the 25th. I guess I might have missed the last ones by a day or two .

It's possible the attendant's English was just very bad and she meant to say that they had run out of kits or something like that, but it didn't seem that way since they were prepping rooms with the bottles rather than handing stuff out at the counter.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA/AA
4/25 no kit given. three little H2o bottles on the sill in the bathroom.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by leech27
Apologies if I missed an earlier thread on this - did a search and didn't see anything.

Anyways, I just passed through NRT yesterday and stopped in the RCC for a quick shower. Per the attendant at the shower counter, she mentioned that they had changed things and instead of handing me a kit at the counter, just offered me a tray with disposable toothbrushes/razors/shower caps and said the rest of the amenities would be in the room. In the room were 4 small 30 ml bottles - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion. That was it. The brand isn't one I'm familiar with - Plegaria? Either Japanese or some other Asian brand (the bottle says made in Thailand).

It sounds like this is a permanent change - no more nifty little kits in NRT . Can anyone else confirm this?
This happened to me about 2 years ago, then a few months later they were back to the kits (which I love!). So, let's see how long it lasts.....
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by tkc98110
This happened to me about 2 years ago, then a few months later they were back to the kits (which I love!). So, let's see how long it lasts.....

I'll be back through NRT in mid May and hopefully there will be a new kit at that time.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by tkc98110
Yup, I remember a couple of years ago I was told (and there were reports on FT) that the amenity kits were discontinued and they only brought out baskets of stuff for people to take. They still gave out the kits in first.

Glad it had return for a while ^ Too bad, it's gone again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.