Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

 
Old May 30, 12, 7:33 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,262
Originally Posted by tide View Post
5/25 RCC shower update: asked attendant and she said kits are still not back. Did not wait to confirm - did a u-turn and went to the NH lounge instead
Was in NRT UA lounge on 5/25 as well. Indeed no shower kit but the Plegaria bottles+tooth brush+hair comb. No problem with the Plegaria supply and nice to see there some real food in the lounge. Didn't try the sushi/soup, do like the small cake rolls.
wendySFO is offline  
Old Jul 6, 12, 7:57 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt L/T Globalist, Bonvoy L/T Titanium :), HH Diamond, Amtrak Select Exec
Posts: 3,164
didn't see it mentioned earlier in the thread, but i'm sure others remember the Molton Brown stuff in the early 2000s. that stuff was great and is very much etched in my memory. i still sometimes think about connecting through NRT when i use Molton Brown products.
kv99 is offline  
Old Jul 10, 12, 12:44 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 9,795
Originally Posted by kv99 View Post
didn't see it mentioned earlier in the thread, but i'm sure others remember the Molton Brown stuff in the early 2000s. that stuff was great and is very much etched in my memory. i still sometimes think about connecting through NRT when i use Molton Brown products.
I did remember the Molton Brown stuff in the early 2000s, that was the time was I first became prem.exec.. If I remembered, the Molton Brown they offered back then have the similiar scent and color of their Vitamin AB+ C and ginseng line. Then shortly after they had Aerosense, then SoMo, both were also by Molton Brown if you remembered too.
ORDnHKG is offline  
Old Jul 15, 12, 5:59 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Denver, CO
Programs: UA 1K 22 years/2MM, HHonors Diamond, Shangri-La Jade, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Posts: 4,329
What's on offer in the NRT UA showers these days? Transiting in 2 weeks.
SFO 1K is offline  
Old Jul 17, 12, 7:58 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 17
update

I was there a few days ago and they did not give me any kits but had the usual Plegaria shampoo etc already in the room. I really like that shampoo and conditioner.
jjmmd2003 is offline  
Old Jan 6, 13, 7:21 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Posts: 256
I'll be transiting NRT in September 2013 (arriving on NH11 from ORD, connecting to TG677 to BKK). I'll be flying in J, and am trying to decide which lounge to shower and eat in. It sounds like the NRT United Club has pretty good showers...are they better than the showers in the NH lounges?

The NH flight arrives at 13:45, but UA flights all arrive later...15:15 (IAD), 16:15 (ORD), 14:10 (SFO), 16:30 (SFO) 15:00 (LAX), 14:30 (SEA)...so hopefully it shouldn't be too crowded in the UA lounge to grab a shower.

Cheers for any input!
sunshine-state is offline  
Old Jan 6, 13, 8:01 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: BOS
Posts: 267
Originally Posted by sunshine-state View Post
I'll be transiting NRT in September 2013 (arriving on NH11 from ORD, connecting to TG677 to BKK). I'll be flying in J, and am trying to decide which lounge to shower and eat in. It sounds like the NRT United Club has pretty good showers...are they better than the showers in the NH lounges?

The NH flight arrives at 13:45, but UA flights all arrive later...15:15 (IAD), 16:15 (ORD), 14:10 (SFO), 16:30 (SFO) 15:00 (LAX), 14:30 (SEA)...so hopefully it shouldn't be too crowded in the UA lounge to grab a shower.

Cheers for any input!
When I connected through NRT a few days ago there were still no kits in the UA club (just shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in the room). With the kits gone I now rank the NH lounge higher and the only reason I would stop by the UA club would be to check if the kits have returned. The UA club does not even provide razors, so if you need to shave you should head straight for NH.
Henwurst is offline  
Old Jan 8, 13, 6:46 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Florida
Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
Posts: 256
Originally Posted by Henwurst View Post
When I connected through NRT a few days ago there were still no kits in the UA club (just shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in the room). With the kits gone I now rank the NH lounge higher and the only reason I would stop by the UA club would be to check if the kits have returned. The UA club does not even provide razors, so if you need to shave you should head straight for NH.
Hmm ok, interesting....what else is in the kit other than shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion? I suppose razor, toothbrush, maybe a comb, but I'm pretty simple when it comes to my shower needs, so I'd rather have a nicer physical shower/water pressure than a bunch of extra lotions and stuff.
sunshine-state is offline  
Old Jan 8, 13, 11:13 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAY
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Posts: 7,798
No kits in the NRT IFL either today...just the 4 bottles of Plegeria stuff.
goodeats21 is offline  
Old Jan 10, 13, 10:34 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA*G, AA PLT, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 9,795
Originally Posted by Henwurst View Post
When I connected through NRT a few days ago there were still no kits in the UA club (just shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in the room). With the kits gone I now rank the NH lounge higher and the only reason I would stop by the UA club would be to check if the kits have returned. The UA club does not even provide razors, so if you need to shave you should head straight for NH.
No, UA club certainly have razors, but you have to ask for it. There were times back then when the kits were absent due shortage or switching brands, all the other stuff are available in a basket behind the counter.

Despite having no kits, Plegaria bottles still better than one time use packets in NH lounge. I am not going to put up a fight to tear open packets when my hands are wet in the shower, you should know how hard it is to do that.


Originally Posted by sunshine-state View Post
Hmm ok, interesting....what else is in the kit other than shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion? I suppose razor, toothbrush, maybe a comb, but I'm pretty simple when it comes to my shower needs, so I'd rather have a nicer physical shower/water pressure than a bunch of extra lotions and stuff.
From Murad: Face lotion, face cleanser, cleansing shave

Toothbrush toothpaste, deorderant, foldable comb like F amenity kit, wash cloth.

Everything in a nice zipper bag with different colors look like a real inflight amenity kit. Since that kit is really nice, most people actually take it home as gifts or at the guest bathroom instead of using it at the lounge. It made a nice gift as many tubes inside the bag are made by Murad, and if you do a research, Murad is quite an expensive skincare brand.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jan 10, 13 at 10:47 pm
ORDnHKG is offline  
Old Jan 13, 13, 6:28 pm
  #161  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kansas City Metro | MCI
Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Posts: 20,275
Just visited the NRT IFL-- They've still got the Murad amenity kits.
FriendlySkies is offline  
Old Jan 30, 13, 4:20 pm
  #162  
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: BUR/LAX
Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Posts: 693
I was there a week ago and only the individual Plegaria bottles were present in the shower rooms. But I did get a full amenity kit with Murad-like amenities on arrival in San Francisco at the Global First lounge.
UNITED863 is offline  
Old Feb 1, 13, 4:30 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 3951'31"N 10440'23"W
Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Posts: 1,070
Seems like it's kind of hit or miss on the kits. I'll come prepared with my own stuff. I'll be through there in a couple days, love to shower before connecting on for BKK or wherever. I also usually forego any food in the lounge except for the auto beer machine and head straight for that little sushi shop. It's nothing crazy special for Tokyo, but compared to most of what I eat in USA it's quite delicious!
JSlo is offline  
Old Feb 25, 13, 11:59 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: 3951'31"N 10440'23"W
Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Posts: 1,070
Went thru NRT UA club twice in last couple weeks, no shower amenity kit. Basic shampoo stuffs in room though.
JSlo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: