Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United NRT RCC changes the shower amenities (Updated 2010) [Merged]

Old Jan 8, 2012, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Flew LX F out on NRT on 1/6, and was given a Murad amenity kit in the IFL. Don't know what was downstairs in the RCC, though.

OT, the IFL was deserted. Good food selections, and some nice UA items.. Tulip branded beer cups in the fridge. ^
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
some nice UA items.. Tulip branded beer cups in the fridge. ^
Take some souvenirs?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Murad muddle....

1/31/12 RCC shower at NRT, Murad kit, 6 products, free shipping offer on purchase over $XXX. Only problem: no English language description of product or ingredients, no product identification code on each container. Half of the 6 items look to have similar names to products listed in sales catalog at www.murad.com. Some containers have chinese, or japanese characters, some say made in USA. So:
The following e-mail reply from Murad customer care in U.S.:
"Thank you for your e-mail.
Unfortunately, without the exact names of the products you received at Narita Airport, I cannot say for sure what we carry here directly through Murad, and what we do not carry. Some of our products are specific to Cathay Pacific Airlines, and are offered only through their services. To view our products available to consumers, you may visit www.murad.com."
suggests to me Murad's products and marketing are about on a par--uninspired and not worth my time.
See www.cosmeticop.com.
end of rant
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/UA/DL
I was at the UC shower at NRT today....
Sadly, the shower amenity kit changed back to this again...

Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pigx5

Is that...Spanish on the label???
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
Is that...Spanish on the label???
Clearly an enhancement. Try saying it like Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots: "Cham PÚ!" It's fun!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist

I saw a trip report somewhere that the Murad shower kit got the sew in new UA logo and taken out the old UA tag, perhaps they are taking out the old logo ones and busy sewing the new UA logo on the bag ?

Besides, I would assume Murad kit will be out sooner or later, as they had already mentioned new kit would be Philosophy implaced in Q2.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Flew through NRT mid-Mar and they had already switched toiletries then back to Plegaria.

Interestingly enough, the NH lounge, on the other hand, has increased the amenities they provide. Still in sachets, but they now have shaving cream and body lotion in addition to the shampoo/rinse/soap.

On the inbound, could not check out the UA showers again because they only open 1pm+
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Went through yesterday not having seen your post

What a disappointment. .

Another change I hate, Jeffrey. You are batting 1.000
Old May 2, 2012, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Again went through yesterday, no shower kit. Curse you Jeffrey.
Old May 11, 2012, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

Another change I hate, Jeffrey. You are batting 1.000
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Again went through yesterday, no shower kit. Curse you Jeffrey.
This is a temporary change (either changing logo on the bag or old kit ran out of supply waiting the arrival of new Philosophy kit), as both SFO and ORD Arrivals and IFL showers still have the Murad shower kit.

If you travel to NRT frequently you know better they occasional ran out of supply of the shower kits through the years, not about the "change"
Old May 14, 2012, 2:25 pm

Got the old (i.e. good) amenity kits at NRT IFL yesterday. Knowing that they may be phased out, I asked for an extra kit and attendant happily gave me one. (Love the Murad products.)

Ironically, since I had read that the old kits were still available at the ORD IFL, I asked for one - even though I was departing and not arriving. The IFL rep brought me one and apologized that it came in a paper bag. Unfortunately, the products were not labelled and certainly not Murad.

Will try to get more kits at the SFO IFL in a few weeks.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bamboola
Got the old (i.e. good) amenity kits at NRT IFL yesterday. Knowing that they may be phased out, I asked for an extra kit and attendant happily gave me one. (Love the Murad products.)
Did those kits have new logo sew in the bag ?

Ironically, since I had read that the old kits were still available at the ORD IFL, I asked for one - even though I was departing and not arriving. The IFL rep brought me one and apologized that it came in a paper bag. Unfortunately, the products were not labelled and certainly not Murad.
They ran out that fast at ORD IFL ? I wonder what you got if those paper bag may perhaps lost luggage kit. As the most recent lost luggage kit are paper bag with old PMUA logo printed on it, with only a few items, much worse than what they used to give out for lost luggage. (before the paper bag, it was a black zipper bag with full H2O items similiar to the shower kit)

Will try to get more kits at the SFO IFL in a few weeks.
SFO IFL had the green bag and the brown bag in large supply as of two weeks ago.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
5/25 RCC shower update: asked attendant and she said kits are still not back. Did not wait to confirm - did a u-turn and went to the NH lounge instead
Old May 28, 2012, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tide
5/25 RCC shower update: asked attendant and she said kits are still not back. Did not wait to confirm - did a u-turn and went to the NH lounge instead
But there are no kits in NH C lounge whatsoever period, if you have a F boarding pass, that is a different story.

Seriously, I would prefer to use that Plegria stuff (at least they are in bottles), than those one time use "packets" in NH C lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.