Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Customer Relations Travel Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Customer Relations Travel Certificates

I received two $200 Discount Travel Certificates from United for some issues I had with a flight last year. Right now there is a flight I need to Orlando that comes to $560. Under "Other Important Notes" on the back it says "Only one discount certificate, discount voucher or discount may be used per ticket." How strict are United agents at the airport with this rule? I will also need to purchase another ticket for my sister with the same itinerary but at full coach fare. Will they be more apt to let it go since I will be buying another ticket? Btw, this ticketing will be done at Ontario, CA.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by iluvcf
How strict are United agents at the airport with this rule? I will also need to purchase another ticket for my sister with the same itinerary but at full coach fare.
In my experience, absolutely 100% strict. I have never found an agent to allow multiple Type A discounts. They will let you apply one certificate to each ticket, but you cannot apply both vouchers to the same ticket.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think, I'm not SURE...but I think that the computer has a limitation for this.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Try booking it as one-ways. I think the certs require that you purchase a ticket, not necessarily a RT.

In many cases, two one-ways add up to the same price as the RT.

btw, MCO is usually a cheap place to get to. $560 RT from most places in the country is way too much to pay if you have advance notice.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: all views expressed by me are mine only and do not reflect those of UAL or their partners
Originally Posted by iluvcf
I received two $200 Discount Travel Certificates from United for some issues I had with a flight last year. Right now there is a flight I need to Orlando that comes to $560. Under "Other Important Notes" on the back it says "Only one discount certificate, discount voucher or discount may be used per ticket." How strict are United agents at the airport with this rule? I will also need to purchase another ticket for my sister with the same itinerary but at full coach fare. Will they be more apt to let it go since I will be buying another ticket? Btw, this ticketing will be done at Ontario, CA.
Unfortunately**only 1 cert per ticket**as the rules state**I would have res setup the PNR's**before you go to ONT**BTW**obviously these are not electronic?**Correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.