Getting US to recognize UA status

Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
I despise US, but will admit that a US based customer services team vs a 1P being shipped to India is a large advantage.

I cringe when I hear my friends in India say...Hell MR. (insert first name). LOL.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by mrhotelman
... about the only benefit youll receive is boarding in Zone 2 with Silver Preferred members. You will not be able to access first class/preferred check in or the first class/preferred security lines. Youll notice the signage says First Class/Dividend Miles Preferred/Star Gold.
Is this new? As of 2003 they were letting 2P's into the FC checkin line.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by CJ99
Is this new? As of 2003 they were letting 2P's into the FC checkin line.
If you go to the Bomb and look at rewards for each level, under 2P rewards it says you get silver star alliance which allows for priority on the wait list if a flight is sold out or on the standby list for a flight you aren't confirmed on. If you go to the 1P awards it says you get gold star alliance which gives you those things above as well as priority check in. So you must have to be gold to get priority check in.

I agree those that said UA is superior to US, but I use US in a couple occassions. Now that they are with America West, there are actually a couple non-stop flights from BOS to LAS. Additionally US is significantly cheaper and offers bettter flight schedules most of the time from BOS to LAS. Also, since I have a fair amount of family in PHL and CLT, I take US when I go to those places because again, they are nonstop and usually cheaper than UA (although I can often book tickets to CLT and PHL on US flight through the bomb to get the EQM for using my plat visa).

I need to go out to LAS in a couple weeks and flights on UA and US are both expensive. All things being equal, I'd always take UA, but in this case, the price is about the same. Here's the question--do I take UA from BOS to ORD to LAS (noting that the ORD to LAS portion is on TED) or do I take the nonstop on US from BOS to LAS? I like that I can still get E+ on TED, but it's TED and I have to make a connection.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by bigrob
If you go to the Bomb and look at rewards for each level, under 2P rewards it says you get silver star alliance which allows for priority on the wait list if a flight is sold out or on the standby list for a flight you aren't confirmed on. If you go to the 1P awards it says you get gold star alliance which gives you those things above as well as priority check in. So you must have to be gold to get priority check in.
True, but many UA stations give all *A silver members access to priority checkin--and it was always my experience that some *A airlines (including US) reciprocated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.