Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Ameniti Program Worth it??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Thanks for all your comments - after perusing various sites I've found this interesting piece and along with quite a few other comments the consensus does seem to be that there's at least questionable upside to the Ameniti program.

http://www.brutalclarity.com/index.p...arketing_scam/

It seems a poster above has some good luck with some Hawaii flights but it's such a relatively short flight for us we just fly coach so there's not much opportunity for savings. I was looking into this program as a possible way to save money on some European travel but I decided to just use up some mileage instead.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by carl92103
[ . . . ] . . . and had to fight to get the miles posted. if you need the miles for a an upcoming award it takes over 6 months for the miles to post
I did an early renewal at the $220 for the 25,000 miles in October and the miles have not yet posted. I called and was informed that the miles will post after my renewal at the end of March 2007. I said that this was not stated in the T&C but they were not budging. How long should I wait for these miles to post after my actual renewal?

I used the 2 for 1 in Dec. for a trip to Europe. It was worth it for us because the resulting cost for each of us was cheaper than a single H or M fare and we were able to upgrade to C using miles -- albeit at 60,000 per person -- but we got the most out of our trip this way. I have also used them to book some hotels and car rentals.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
Originally Posted by cielodome
I did an early renewal at the $220 for the 25,000 miles in October and the miles have not yet posted. I called and was informed that the miles will post after my renewal at the end of March 2007. I said that this was not stated in the T&C but they were not budging. How long should I wait for these miles to post after my actual renewal?

I used the 2 for 1 in Dec. for a trip to Europe. It was worth it for us because the resulting cost for each of us was cheaper than a single H or M fare and we were able to upgrade to C using miles -- albeit at 60,000 per person -- but we got the most out of our trip this way. I have also used them to book some hotels and car rentals.
My miles did not post until almost seven months and they are real stubborn about posting miles.

Be careful on the hotel bookings. Booking directly with the hotel was at least 20% cheaper in my cases.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
A ripoff.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

For many people it's a way to buy miles. I bought it and got the 25,000 miles, and then used their service to book a cruise. Most cruise pricing is fixed so that buying the same itinerary from Ameniti/United Cruises is the same as buying it from Travelocity, or any of the online agents, or the line itself. The difference is what they offer along with it. In the cruise example, Travelocity offers a $125 shipboard credit. Booking through Ameniti I received 20,000 miles.

Since I won't book plane tickets with it, I will have paid $295 for 45,000 miles.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by cielodome

On your trip in Dec. You bought a full coach fare (B) and received the 2 for 1 which both booked as coach fares in H?
What did they charge for the B fare?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by shinbal
Most cruise pricing is fixed so that buying the same itinerary from Ameniti/United Cruises is the same as buying it from Travelocity, or any of the online agents, or the line itself. The difference is what they offer along with it. In the cruise example, Travelocity offers a $125 shipboard credit. Booking through Ameniti I received 20,000 miles.
Do they still offer cruises and bonus miles? I thought United Cruises is kaputt and I don't see anything on Ameniti's website about booking cruises. The closest similar offer seems to be 15,000 bonus miles if you book a $5,000+ vacation with their partner "Classic Vacations".
Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by superEGO
I really miss the double miles on all flights + monthly charge offer... That was a steal.
Yeah, that was the deal that made me sign up. I ended up using the RCC passes, the miles , and the concierge service a few times. ("Where's the nearest XYZ store?") I don't consider it worth it just for the miles.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
I had cancelled my membership, and only renewed after receiving an offer for 25,000 miles and a discounted fee of $220. I got the wine, the RCC passes, etc. Already subscribed to CN Traveler, and they gladly just added the extra year onto my existing subscription. I'm still waiting for the miles to post, and will wait patiently for the obligatory 12 weeks they say it takes before calling.

I've used them to book hotels, rental cars and even a regular old UA flight which I seriously don't think a lot of people realize that they can do as they are at heart, a plain old travel agency. The operators are all very pleasant and polite. However, I won't renew again unless they offer more miles. The 2 for 1 deal can be useful to some, but not so much for me.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:47 pm

flyastrojets, Can you submit your renewal code that gave you the miles?
Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Hmm dunno why everyone is so negative.
I actually do like them.
Got my 25K miles 3 months later after I renewed, and also the first time when I signed up. No problems with the old discount code.
Got all my membership kit and everything incl the RCC passes and wine.
Their agents seem a lot better to deal with then the UA ones incl if before being 1K, if going through UA I would pay a $15 call fee, and with them i didn't
Prices are the same. Since I book with specific routings, I never had any problems with them understanding what I want.
2 for 1 isn't bad at all. Actually I quoted for the summer time from USA to Europe and came out about 1021$ Per Person, while the cheapest fare was $1300+ on UA and the 2-4-1 is upgradable (at least one of them are. If I remember right, one books into M and the other some discount fare?)

I actually find them helpful and worth the yearly fee (well for 25K for $220 was the main point )
Old Feb 26, 2007, 1:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Plenty of threads on this already
Indeed. A quick search reveals the following virtually identical threads

http://web2.flyertalk.com/forum/show...=ameniti+worth

Perhaps some of those will be helpful.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:13 pm

Bumping to repeat tdaley's request for the code. And to hopefully prevent a new ameniti thread being started this week. I need some easy miles and wouldn't mind renewing.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 7:35 am

Would like the renewal code too please
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:16 am
MGL

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
I'm with jason8612. Miles posted, magazine, wine, and RCC passes arrived right away, and so far, it's been a good deal. I realize others haven't had the same experience or may be in a different situation that makes the whole package overpriced or of low value to them, but it does work for some.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.