Search

Connection time at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Connection time at IAH

I was looking at an itinerary and I could do the following:
DEN-IAH-IAD-BRU. I would have a little over 20 minutes at IAH.
Is this doable?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by dimramon
I was looking at an itinerary and I could do the following:
DEN-IAH-IAD-BRU. I would have a little over 20 minutes at IAH.
Is this doable?
I assume you're flying UA if you're posting in the UA Forum... all the UA gates are only a few hundred feet from one another at IAH, so it shouldn't be a problem for you to get from the inbound DEN gate to the outbound IAD gate (assuming the DEN flight is on-time). As for your checked bags (if any), who knows...

1Konsultant
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agree. Gate proximity would not be your problem. United's few gates are all in one very small concourse at IAH.

I'd be more worried about normal flight delays with just that 20 minute buffer in there. Just hope you get a on-time or early push back...and no weather or ATC delays.

Personally...I'd be trying hard to route DEN-IAD directly, and skip IAH.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
You might want to see if the inbound and outbound aircraft are the same.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
As others have said, 20 mins are fine as long as there are no flight delays. Checked luggage...well it would be pretty iffy. I'd try to get the non-stop. As you probably know, iah-iad is totally UAX Explus. Most den-iah is mainline--80%?. They are likely not the same plane though it is theoretically possible.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:00 am

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Originally Posted by zrs70
I was thinking the same thing, although, i don't think UA is doing any 20 minute turns.

You will not have a problem if all goes on-time, but you've got no buffer for any delays. How long would it be until the next IAD flight? Could it even be 24 hours?
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by robb
I was thinking the same thing, although, i don't think UA is doing any 20 minute turns.

You will not have a problem if all goes on-time, but you've got no buffer for any delays. How long would it be until the next IAD flight? Could it even be 24 hours?
There are two flights a day....if I remember correctly one at noon and the other around 4. Missing the flight to iad and you'd probably find yourself overnighting unexpectedly either at iah or iad.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
Unfortunately, they cannot be.

IAD service to cities like DFW and IAD are Shuttle America E70's. Then DEN is mostly mainline with the occaisional SkyWest CR7.

BillJ
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
How long is your layover in IAD? If you can wait for the next flight to IAD and still make it on your BRU flight, then try this. Otherwise, this isn't worth it for the miles, and likely not for any savings you may find. I also suggest getting a DEN-IAD flight. IAH doesn't exactly have anything to do in the UA area should you be stuck there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.