United College Plus

Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by justinlw
How do I find info. regarding the United College Plus Plan?
United College Plus

Thanks for your interest in United College Plus®. As of November 1, 2010, we're no longer accepting new members.
If you haven't enrolled, you are too late for the (graduation) party.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Wow, didn't realize that CollegePlus was shut down. I just emailed my MBA transcript last week and received the 10k RDM bonus today.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:26 am
smn

Glad I got in in time too Got my undergrad and Masters 1 year apart, so got 20k RDM in 2 years
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
I still have to mail in my PhD transcript... annoying thing is they only accept official transcripts, which cost money. Thankfully, they cost less than the value of 10K RDM, but still, annoying.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cepheid
I still have to mail in my PhD transcript... annoying thing is they only accept official transcripts, which cost money. Thankfully, they cost less than the value of 10K RDM, but still, annoying.
My school gives 10 free transcripts per year, including signed pdf's, which is instant and what I emailed to collegeplus.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 2P
I can confirm this still works. Received 10k miles today for graduating from law school.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Southwest A List
Too bad they always do this stuff after I leave college...
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:44 pm

I think I was enrolled while it was still open and now I could claim my miles. Does anyone have a phone number for the program? I would like to verify that I am indeed enrolled.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
Oh, wait!

I'll just run back to my almas maters (!) and grab another few Ph Ds, just for the 10K each.
r-i-i-i-i-g-g-g-gh-h-h-t-t-t-

Because, as I learned when in the doctoral program in French Lit and Linguistics at UCSB, back before Dirt, that degree and a dime would get me something that cost .09.
And before I alienate any more doctorate holders, I'll just claim to be (possibly) the lone voice that says, "Think long and hard about return on investment....and compensation...and commitment to lifestyle...and..
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by koroleon
I think I was enrolled while it was still open and now I could claim my miles. Does anyone have a phone number for the program? I would like to verify that I am indeed enrolled.
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6867,3106,00.html

Just call United Mileage Plus.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Does anybody know if UA is awarding the 10K bonus for people who were not enrolled? Any experience?

I have two friends that just graduated:

A. Was definitely enrolled in MP, but not CP explicitly
B. Just signed up for MP last week.

And finally,, I suppose the end of CollegePlus is another change JeffCo thinks we'll like?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by dcutcher
I'll just run back to my almas maters (!) and grab another few Ph Ds, just for the 10K each.
r-i-i-i-i-g-g-g-gh-h-h-t-t-t-

Because, as I learned when in the doctoral program in French Lit and Linguistics at UCSB, back before Dirt, that degree and a dime would get me something that cost .09.
And before I alienate any more doctorate holders, I'll just claim to be (possibly) the lone voice that says, "Think long and hard about return on investment....and compensation...and commitment to lifestyle...and..
And your point is???

This program worked great for both of us and while 10k is not that much it is still better than zero and it comes free of charge.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by bver100
Cool, i'll stay with it =) How much _is_ 10000 miles in the grand scheme of things anyways? Is there anything i have to do to take care of the account or w/e?
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Don't forget to download UA's toolbar; I think you still get 500 miles for download + you get 1 mile for every 3 searches...by the time you graduate, that alone might get you a free ticket! If you really want to know what a student can do to earn & use "free" miles & points, checkout Flyertalk BOARDING AREA & follow Lucky's (Ben's) blog: http://www.boardingarea.com/bloggers.php
Old Jun 5, 2011, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcutcher
I don't think this bonus ever convinced someone to pursue a degree. However, free miles are always nice.

Originally Posted by hobo13
Does anybody know if UA is awarding the 10K bonus for people who were not enrolled? Any experience?

I have two friends that just graduated:

A. Was definitely enrolled in MP, but not CP explicitly
B. Just signed up for MP last week.
They can try...but they will probably be denied.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jun 6, 2011 at 7:35 am Reason: merge
Old Jun 6, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by soitgoes

They can try...but they will probably be denied.
Comments up-thread seem to indicate otherwise. Just want some confirmation of that.

Back in my day (5-10 years ago) I don't remember having to register for CP -- thought I just mailed in my transcript. This is UA after all; do they really know how's registered or not?!?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.