Wiki Posts
Search

Question about a cancelled flight on a MR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2006, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Question about a cancelled flight on a MR

So I did an ORD-MKE-ORD mile run to get the final miles I need for 2006 and my flight from MKE-ORD was cancelled and I had to pay $25 for a limo ride to ORD with 9 other passengers. I then called up United mileage plus and they told me that I wouldn't get EQM's for this because the ticket wasn't used and I would have to call United Customer Relations on Tuesday 1/2. Should I wait for them and what sort of compensation should I demand for this stupidity.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm... Why was your MKE-ORD flight cancelled? This carries a lot of weight in regards to what you deserve.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Yes, MKE-ORD was cancelled and the next flight was at 6:00 AM and the only other alternative was an American that was full.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bschaff1
Yes, MKE-ORD was cancelled and the next flight was at 6:00 AM and the only other alternative was an American that was full.
Right, but why was it cancelled? (ie weather, mechanical)
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

It wasn't weather weather related for sure. The ORD-MKE was originally delayed 1:30 and then cancelled which caused the domino effect on this. According to one of their brilliant reps it was indeed mechanical. 38 segments this year without a problem and I just got to experience the first cancelled flight of my life ever.

Last edited by bschaff1; Dec 29, 2006 at 11:30 pm Reason: adding details
Old Dec 30, 2006, 3:43 am

Programs: United 1K, SPG Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
I think I'd call Mileage Plus today and see if they'll post the miles to your account immediately, or in the alternative, make a note to your account that you were promised the miles. If they refuse then 'd make another trip prior to December 31 to protect your status.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
It wasn't weather weather related for sure. The ORD-MKE was originally delayed 1:30 and then cancelled which caused the domino effect on this. According to one of their brilliant reps it was indeed mechanical. 38 segments this year without a problem and I just got to experience the first cancelled flight of my life ever.
If mechanical, I think you should get credit; you paid for the ticket, you checked in for the flight, not your fault the flight never left. Call MP, fax them the ticket and the BP, and I think you should get credit readily. If you get someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, call again.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Actually I talked to someone from Premier support who got their supervisor and someone from mileage plus on the phone and I got a good answer. She said that even though it appeared to be a weather cancellation that they are giving people within 500 miles the next tier regardless and that I was the third type of this call she had spoken to today and a lot of people in the call center are pissed because off the misinformation that the mileage plus people are giving out in an effort to sell flights before the end of the year. This put me at enough ease and if UAL screws me over I have proof in my favor and I can always threaten to go elsewhere since I am new to UAL for the year.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I have proof in my favor
What proof? If they deny it, it boils down to your word against theirs.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
They should've pulled the limo up to the jetway and run everyone's BP through the gate reader

That's what I'd have suggested

Pat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.