Wiki Posts
Search

Does 1Kvoice still work? CS options?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2006, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Does 1Kvoice still work? CS options?

What is the best option for a 1k with a customer service issue? Is it all outsourced now?
Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, LH SEN, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Write someone in WHQ via snail mail. That seems to be all that is left to us. 1KVoice is offshored to Europe and CS is in India. There just isn't anything left for us in the US or anyone who can actually do something about any of the problems we are reporting.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
FWIW the ability and/or willingness for the 1K voice to address complaints has been discussed in other threads.

Mrs. Fredd and I have only made two written complaints in over 400,000 BIS UA miles.

Our first complaint about a negative on-board experience went to 1K and was answered with a canned reply.

Our second complaint (on-board non-personnel issues), e-mailed a couple of weeks ago to CS, was responded to quickly with a personalized apology and a combination of unasked-for 500 milers and $100 certs for the five of us aboard, a pleasant surprise.

Accordingly, we'll direct any future complaint to CS and only send bouqets to 1K Voice.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fredd
FWIW the ability and/or willingness for the 1K voice to address complaints has been discussed in other threads.

Mrs. Fredd and I have only made two written complaints in over 400,000 BIS UA miles.

Our first complaint about a negative on-board experience went to 1K and was answered with a canned reply.

Our second complaint (on-board non-personnel issues), e-mailed a couple of weeks ago to CS, was responded to quickly with a personalized apology and a combination of unasked-for 500 milers and $100 certs for the five of us aboard, a pleasant surprise.

Accordingly, we'll direct any future complaint to CS and only send bouqets to 1K Voice.
What email address are you using for CS? Just the one on the website?

IME, the "canned responses" can often work in our favor when it comes to compensation.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
What email address are you using for CS? Just the one on the website?
Yup, but the address of the reply from CS included "elite" or something similar (I don't have my laptop handy).

I wouldn't ever disagree with a well-written snail-mail but my gripe was a string of annoyances (dirty plane, non-functioning overhead lights, no milk aboard for the grandkids on a flight out of MCO) and I just sent a quick e-mail to vent. To repeat myself, I was more than pleased with the the apology and the unrequested compensation.^

Cheers,
Fredd
Old Dec 26, 2006, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by Flying2Much
Write someone in WHQ via snail mail. That seems to be all that is left to us. 1KVoice is offshored to Europe and CS is in India. There just isn't anything left for us in the US or anyone who can actually do something about any of the problems we are reporting.
Where did you hear it was in Europe? Not my experiences
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
There is a fax number and an email

There is an email I've been using for "elite customer care" and I have a fax number I've been using, but that's only for MP.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
As a perpetual oddity of UA - my MP complaints always got
answer much more swiftly and competently than my 1Kvoice
once everr did since the changes occurred.

MP is available to anyone, EliteVoice is not ... so how the
heck does this come?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.